Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes 500 sec
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please advise on how to remove the bowden cable from the transmission side on a 722.3 box
I pulled it slightly but it is not moving and dont want to force it incase it breaks
Currently the seal is leaking and i need to replace it together with a filter change

Attachments

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes 500 sec
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen one video but his is the older bowden cable with no vacum lines he seems to pull that off myn wont move if i try pulling it

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes 500 sec
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes my plastic case is different been told to take sump and valve body and plate off dont know how difficult that is but even after removing i still dont know how to remove the bowden cable casing to put on the new seal

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes 500 sec
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he has the early bowden mine seems to be different just cant see if its locked in
opened myn today, someone must have had a go as i cant get the plastic body to mov ,maybe it needs a good knock but cant risk it incase there is a locking tab
I have a manual but it doesnt seem to have much regarding transmission
i loosened the screw in the pic but nothing happened hoping that was not an adjustment screw of some sort

Attachments

·
Registered
1990 420 SEC
499 Posts
Is the screw you removed long enough to reach the alu housing of the transmission? I'd try twisting the plastic part to side as the guy on that video did.

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes 500 sec
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Screw stopped when it got to the tip dont want to force it
Tried twisting but wint move and lifts only very slightly
If i was sure there was no clip behind it id give it a good knock but risk fracturing the casing
The car has thw switch next to gear lever been told that screw has something to do with adjustment for this
Last hurdle after restoring this car for over a year and ready to start and i cant get this plastic housing out
Been told to strip the transmission ie valve body plate etc didnt want to do that of i could pull it oit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts