Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 93 500SEL seems to be bouncing a lot lately, even in small cracks on the highway, but when we hit a bump, i literally bounce of the rear passenger seats? Any ideas on what wrong? I know i have a lot of problem, i purchase this car when i was young and really abused it. <br> <br> Robin<br> <br> 93 500SEL<br> 98 S600v<br> 01 CL55 AMG F1 Edition

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It sounds like a classic shock absorber problem, but the fact that your car has a hydraulic rear suspension complicates matters. The only thing you can do easily is to check the level of your hydraulic fluid. If the level is OK you'll need to bring the car to a qualified Mercedes mechanic and be prepared to open your checkbook.<br>

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your accumulators are shot...they provide damping from pure hydraulic action...$160 for pair @Benzbin.com.<br> Fluid is in reservoir on driver side near front headlight under removable cover...MB fluid only...$18.95/litre @ dealer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.