Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes Benz C Class W202 Chrome Fender Trim Set: eBay Motors (item 370423412572 end time Nov-04-10 15:35:46 PDT)

I bought this, received it, and have no clue what to do. It says there are instructions, but they are so "engrish" I can't understand what I'm supposed to do. There's clips, screws, some weird thing I've never seen before and then the trim. Any help would be greatly appreciated! And don't turn this into a "I DONT LIKE THE WAY THAT LOOKS" thread, because I like it and it will look good with the chrome accents on my car. Thank you!

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Without seeing a detailed photo (eBay doesn't show much) I would guess that the clips fit into the small lips on the trim and the screws mount through the fender sheet metal then into the clips to hold it in place. If you are screwing through the sheetmetal be sure to paint the exposed holes with primer and seal with some sort of rubberized or silicone sealant to prevent water from penetrating and causing rust. The trim is a trap for water and road grime that will eventually corrode your fenders, and many people use them to cover rust damage. You may be able to apply them using only a silicone sealant or similar adhesive, perhaps an auto supply store can suggest something to use. This would make them removable if you ever see rust starting or if you simply tire of the look or want to restore to original for resell. Good luck and post pics of the clips and screws and I'm sure others will have advice for you as well.

·
Registered
1995 C220
2,800 Posts
Too hard to see the clips in the picture. If you take a close up pic of the clips and post it here I will tell you how they go on. I have put on a ton of those, but the clips look different from what I am used to seeing.

Typically these trims come with screws and clips, giving you the option to either screw it on making a hole that can rust, or using clips that make it a screwless design therefore no holes to rust. The trim usually has a place for the clips to slip through. The clip has a hook on one end that hooks the lip on the fender, then you slip it though the hole and bend it back on itself like a cotter pin.

These look different though.

BTW before you install, reglue the black seal back on with some 3m Weatherstrip adhesive, and let it set up a few hours before you put them on, otherwise that stuff will just peel off. They allready are in the pics.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help brothers. Got them on, I just decided to stop by my friends shop and he looked at me like a tard for not knowing how to do this. And I must say, it looks sharp. Most people don't even notice it, which is what I like.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm bout to! I'm talking to this dude on the forum about his springs, if that falls through I'll just buy some with some Xmas money. I just bought a Magnaflow 14833 muffler. Should sound like money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts