Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
slk230 sport
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,Just bought a pair of HID bulbs for my mercedes headlights and fog lights and I love them. They are from a company named razo. It cost me 172.00 for the the heads and fogs, but I am satisfied. The light bulbs come in different light intensity levels. I purchased the premium white zero brand for my car. Web search car mate usa. Razo products. Just a heads up for my fellow slk owners...

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
You did not get new HID bulbs (unless you already have the ballasts & resistors and were only replacing the bulbs). What you purchased was a set of bulbs to provide the 'HID look'. While they can look good in many cases they actually put out less light than the stock bulbs. This may or may not be a concern depending where you live. If you live in Chicago there is probably plenty of ambient light so you won't notice the missing lumens.

·
Registered
SLK
543 Posts
That is correct - a full HID kit would mean you have a ballast etc.

The "HID look" bulbs you purchased sound very over priced - there are thousands of imitation ones around for much less than that.

The bulbs you have bought will run at much hotter temperatures and may even damage your headlight housing and they are prone to blowing/failing much more often.

For $250 you could have purchased proper Xenon/HID conversions.

·
Registered
99 230 SLK Sport
42 Posts
Can you please tell me where to find them for $250? The lowest I could find was 389 for a quility setup.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
from me.. i have a brand new kit for sale $250. i bought two kits and i was going to use this one for the high beam but i changed my mind.. i got them from www.hidynamic.com comes with a pair of 8000K bulbs, 2 ballasts with built in igniters, mounting brackets, screws, bolts and zip ties. I installed the low beam 4 months ago or so.. no problems at all.. not even bulb out warning. it doesnt come with a battery relay kit you can get it for 20-40 dollars or you can make your own, but you will have bulb out warning if you install a relay.. my theory is that the ballast will draw more power from the battery than from the stock harness..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts