Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
03 E500
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some Eibach sport springs to give my 97 E420 a 1.25 inch drop and a cleaner appearance and better handling, although...
1) The car already handles reasonably well stock (I own a tweaked 911, so my handling benchmark is high)
2) After adding AMG Monoblock 3-pc. wheels with BFG KDW G-Force 245/45/17 tires, the handling improved noticeably, with a corresponding increased firmness in ride quality, somewhat firm yet still very smooth and pleasant at highway speeds.
My concern is that the Eibach sport springs will make the car ride harshly with increased road noise. I haven't had them installed yet...I would like some input from some of you guys that have installed the Eibachs and if you are happy with them...I want to keep this E420 very subtle and comfortable, are the Eibachs going to make the car noisy / harsh? They are in my trunk...waiting to be installed...but I do not want to turn the car into a tar-strip-thumper...

·
Registered
E420
27 Posts
I have the Eibach spring and Bilstein sports shocks installed in my E420 and I think they definitely improved handling of the car but the ride is still somewhat comfortable. The ride is no way harsh at all.
Just a bit stiffer when going over bumps, but not harsh.
so I think you can go ahead and install them.

Ed

·
Registered
98 e320
85 Posts
I've got Eibachs with Koni sport shocks. It's a definite improvement. I came from several 5-series BMWs, and the e320 definitely doesn't handle anywhere close to the 5-series out of the box. I'm very pleased with this setup, though.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1203031&posts=9&fid=17

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,910 Posts
I think its okay, it's only 1.25 inch only,it's still going to feel like the factory ride.

·
Registered
'97 E420 Sport Brilliant Silver
67 Posts
IM looking at buying Eibach's for my 97 e420 as well, However, they list the eibach pro-kit being a drop of 1.4 front and 1.6 back....does eibach make another spring kit such as a "sport" one for this vehicle? If so is there a difference between the pro-kit and sport kit?

·
Registered
2000 E 280
24 Posts
The Pro-Kit as Eibachs site mentions lowers the car by 1.0"-1.5",mainly used to frequently used cars without Sacrificing the ride quality.
The Spotrsline lowers the car by 1.7"-2.3" Eibachs claims, but this is is for extreme racing cars, not recomended for daily driven cars cuz of the ride will become more harder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts