Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I can't work out whether I should be using the AMG forum or the 209 forum.
The 209 forum doesn't have the 63 listed?!

The only other forum is this AMG forum?

Regards.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes-Benz S55 ///AMG, 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350
685 Posts
Congrats, she is a beauty.

By the way, CLK is no longer sold in 2010 and is re-named E Class Coupe.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats, she is a beauty.

By the way, CLK is no longer sold in 2010 and is re-named E Class Coupe.
Thanks for your kind words.

I knew they were discontinuing the CLK but I didn't know it was to be succeeded by the "E-Class Coupe"

You learn something everyday!

Attachments

·
Registered
'03 Z4, '02 E55, '11 ML350
710 Posts
Good morning Rashman,

What a great looking car!

I would say you're always welcome here. You may look on the W211 AMG forum also as some systems may be the same or very similar.

You'll find some very knowledgeable folks that are always willing to help.

Congrats on finding your car. I feel my E55 is the best all-around car I've ever owned.

Cheers!:thumbsup:

Mike K.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Good morning Rashman,

What a great looking car!

I would say you're always welcome here. You may look on the W211 AMG forum also as some systems may be the same or very similar.

You'll find some very knowledgeable folks that are always willing to help.

Congrats on finding your car. I feel my E55 is the best all-around car I've ever owned.

Cheers!:thumbsup:

Mike K.
Hey buddy.

Thanks for your kind words.
I spent about 8hrs cleaning everywhere! I was even under the car cleaning the cooler on the rear diff! (it's made of aluminum and should come up shiney when I'm finished!). I'm very happy with the way it scrubbed up. The engine bay is spotless.

Thanks for your welcome too. I didn't get much of a warm reception on the 209 forum.
No one was rude or anything.. they just.... didn't say anything?! hahaha

You say your E55 is the best all-round car you've owned...
I think I'm starting to know what you mean.
This may sound weird or even unappreciative, but I actually prefered the way my 208 handled on the Eibach's and Koni's!
hahaha, it's crazy.
I know the 63 is slightly heavier, but the 208 was stiff and planted. I got alot more feedback through the steering wheel too.
But then again, the power steering on the 63 is super light, which I'm sure is taking some of the feel away.

I might see what options I have regarding altering the current 63 suspension.

Thing is, I also realise that this is a badass AMG model that handles very well on it's own without modding anything.

Do you think I'd be silly to start modding/ altering stuff?

·
Registered
2008 CLK63 AMG w/tt by Kleeman, 2010 BMW M3 RS46 Servizio Clienti Sportivi, 2012 ML350, CLK500
222 Posts
Wow, fantastic and congratulations. This car/engine has a lot more potential, first thing you ought to do is buy the ECU, header combo from either one of Kleemann, Brabus or Rentech. I prefer Kleemann or Brabus but anyone will do, they will raise your hp to minimum 540bhp and then you have a monster plus! Haha!! Congrats again, fine car you bought.

·
Registered
2008 CLK63 AMG w/tt by Kleeman, 2010 BMW M3 RS46 Servizio Clienti Sportivi, 2012 ML350, CLK500
222 Posts
BS wide body with EVERYTHING will cost you $14,500 plus install and painting, ECU reflash plus headers etc... will cost you no more than $12,000 for 540bhp. Wheels and tires etc... will cost you maybe another $10,000. Build your own little BS for a lesser price and perhaps with some things that are nicely customized and better looking.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your input guys.
I'm definately aiming to put some kind of bodykit on it to along with some wheels.

While on the subject of rims, have Mercedes cut slightly bigger wheel arches on the 209? I had 19" rims on my 208 and they pretty much filled the arches. But the 18's that are currently on the 63 look really piddly.

I'm wondering if I can get away with 20's?

I've got a set of K&N filters on the way and the ECU re-map sounds like a good plan to me!

I'd love to hear back from someone who has a lowered 209 with bigger rims. I'm not as familiar with the tolerences (offsets/ clearances etc) on the 209. I need to know what I can get away with without having to roll arches etc.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BS wide body with EVERYTHING will cost you $14,500 plus install and painting, ECU reflash plus headers etc... will cost you no more than $12,000 for 540bhp. Wheels and tires etc... will cost you maybe another $10,000. Build your own little BS for a lesser price and perhaps with some things that are nicely customized and better looking.
I like your thinking.
It's nice being able to add your own touches to your car, eh. You feel more of a bond than you would if you just took one out of the box.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I like your thinking.
It's nice being able to add your own touches to your car, eh. You feel more of a bond than you would if you just took one out of the box.

Haha!! Exactly! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts