Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 230 98'
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

One of you posted a link to a body kit on EBay a while ago. It was fairly cheap so I bought it. I guess I got what I paid for. I have no clue how to install it on my car. There was no instruction, nothing. I don't want to just go ahead and drill holes in my car. Has any of you done this kind of thing before?

Attachments

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
for the front and rear.. use a double sided tape on the yellow line and drill holes on both ends (circled in red) thru the stock bumper. Use screws to hold it. this should go over your stock bumper easy. the sides are complete replacement of the stock ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 230 98'
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
slkpwr - 2/17/2005 7:37 PM

for the front and rear.. use a double sided tape on the yellow line and drill holes on both ends (circled in red) thru the stock bumper. Use screws to hold it. this should go over your stock bumper easy. the sides are complete replacement of the stock ones.
Great! Thank you for you to the point answer, slkpwr.

But you mean that this should be monted on the bumper? I thought that these parts were going to replace the lower part of the stock bumbers. I'll see how it fits.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
yup! assuming that you have a pre-facelift... these will go over the black/bottom part of the bumpers. try fitting them first without the double sided tape. if they are snug fit (doesnt move) and fits as if it was molded, you might not need the double sided tape at all.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
SIlver_Lana - 2/17/2005 6:55 PM

First thing you need to do is get it painted to match your car's color.
Painting it is not the first thing you want to do at all.

The first thing you want to do is check the finish and see how smooth and straight it is to determine how much work the surface needs. Next you want to test fit it to make sure everything fits and lines up. Then and only then should you consider getting the surface prepped and painted.

·
Registered
SLK 230 98'
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slkpwr - 2/18/2005 6:23 PM

yup! assuming that you have a pre-facelift... these will go over the black/bottom part of the bumpers. try fitting them first without the double sided tape. if they are snug fit (doesnt move) and fits as if it was molded, you might not need the double sided tape at all.
You're right. It fits on the stock bumber. My problem now is that the car, which is already lowered, would now almost touch the ground. Gotta figure something out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts