Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Bose system upgrade worth the money on the ML500? Is the sound quality noticable? I am not an audiophile so maybe I would not even notice any change. thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe worth it.

If you are not planning on changing the radio for a better navigation system, go ahead, its a small price compared to installing another system.<br> I removed the navigation from my ML55 complete with the bose subwoofer, amplifier and speakers. I installed the new Kenwood DVD headunit and Kenwood navigation, Boston Pro 6.5 speakers in every door, Boston c210 Sub Box and Precision Power Amplifiers. My story is: I went to the dealer and they offered me the ML55 with no wait list, I drove it and loved it, one hour later I owned it, I changed the cd's from my car to the ML and decided to go for a drive and.............<br> The sound system dissapointed me so much that I almost wanted to take the car back, I can't believe that the BOSE system was so weak. I went ahead and with 300 miles changed the audio system, I am pleased to say that the Kenwood Navigation is far more uperior than the Alpine Mercedes.<br> So its your call, I would say that there is a difference in the two systems because of the BOSE subwoofer, thats about it.<br> Please email me if you want to ask me anything.<br> Good luck with your purchase.<br> JB<p>cache-2.sbo.ma.webcache.rcn.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Maybe worth it.

First,I'm sorry for my english.....<br> I'm from Italy(Toscany)and I finally find the right forum to speak about Mercedes audio configurations.<br> I had the same problems buying my ML400CDI.<br> I spent a lot of time talking to audio installators,and I finally assume that bose sound system for ML has only the lebel of the bose systems(I'm talking about european cars....I don't know if it's the same for U.S.products)but it costs as a real bose system(that means a lot of money also in Italian lire!!!)<br> I decided to made an entire sound system on my own and I'm definitly sure that I spent my money better than going on the bose sound system way!<br> <br> I suggest to leave the original speackers in,and to change the radio with a good one as first step(like a becker mexico pro cd-you will immediatly hear the difference)...........it could be enough!<br> <br> <br> P.S.Mercedes car radio are made from Becker,but <br> not becker's best products are installed in<br> mercedes cars.<br> Becker has his own list of hi-end products.<br> Listen to becker mexico pro sound quality <br> and you will instantly forget japanese pro-<br> ducts(hearing is believing) <br> <br> <p>pi1-820.dialup.tiscalinet.it

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I took all Bose components out and install ARC Audio amplifiers and Rainbow's Pro components. Sound great!!!. I have wiring diagram for speakers ( if you want to keep your existing amplifiers and bipass it) and I have pictures of doors removalls and speaker positioning.<br> <br> VB<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

If you send your photos to me,it could be great.........it could give me some ideas about speackers location<br> I'm looking for an incruent'accomodation'for my rear tweeters...........is it possible?<br> Warmest reguards<p>pi2-752.dialup.tiscalinet.it

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Here you go<br> <br> http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=123651&page=3

·
Registered
449 Posts
Don't forget, that includes the CD changer.

I think that its overpriced but probably a good value when compared to what you are going to spend to upgrade on your own.

·
Registered
14 E350
2,046 Posts
Definately worth it if you.....

enjoy music! I listened to a stock system and then a Bose system at the dealership and there was a HUGE difference. It expensive but I got the Bose option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts