Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site. I like to know should I purchase the BOSE system or just leave the MB audio system as a standard equipment? Inputs are appreciated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bough the BOSE option in my E-class in '98 and ended up replacing the whole thing this year. The BOSE is very bland and boring, just like their home speakers.<br> <br> If I were ordering a new car today, I would buy the most stripped-down system available and then buy aftermarket.<br> <br> I wish they sold them with no sound system. I would be glad to get a credit from MB for the holes they would leave in the dash and doors.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excuse me for my english,I'm trying to improve it(I live in italy)......but I think I can suggest you about your decision,because I had the same doubt about two months ago before ordering my new ML400CDI....<br> I talked with car audio installers and I also had the choice to hear the audio system(bose).......<br> and after that I decided to take it with is basic audio system(not the bose sound system)!!<br> Than I find another ML(with standard speackers) owner who changed only the MB audio 10(standard)radio with a becker mexico pro radio(that seems done for mercedes cars-infact MB audio products are becker products,but the basics ones!).....<br> And I think that if you are not looking for sound excellence,it could be enaugh.........<br> <br> If you are looking for something better.....I suggest you the becker mexico pro cd(with 3 pre-out +1sub out)as radio-cd,and to install different speackers and obviously good amplifiers..........you will see that you will spend even less than buying a bose sound system!<br> It all depends on the components you will install obviously!<br> <br> Listen to becker mexico pro sound and than you will have no more doubts about it! <p>pi1-820.dialup.tiscalinet.it

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I AM GETTING THE 2002 C230. I WANT TO KNOW IF IT IS REALLY WORTH IT TO GET THE BOSE OR WILL THE FACTORY SYSTEM BE OK WITH ME HAVING TO UPGRADE IT LATER??? ALL THOUGHTS WELCOME<br> <br>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts