Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally saw a C-Coupe with the Bose stereo and I can see that the big difference in sound comes from the subwoofer box in the storage compartment in the hatch area's passenger side. The Bose speaker costs a whopping $235 but I can probably find it cheaper at a discount dealer or maybe Gaston at Autoclass. <br>
<br>
Is there any wiring in there already to plug this puppy in? How do you get the panels apart to put this in? Any amp recomendations that will take the high level outputs, do the subwoofer crossover, be small or flat enough to hide under the passenger seat and drive this speaker fairly cleanly? Also would it pay to get a four channel amp to give the rear speakers more punch and bridge the other two channels for the rear sub? My guess is that the front speakers are getting more power than the rears and that's why the rears sound so bad and the fronts sound decent. I know it's not the speaker because I replaced them with good Polk speakers and they sounded worse.<br>
<br>
This could be the relatively low cost way to make the stereo system sound half way decent. I figure about $180 for the Bose speaker and about $150-250 for the amp and a little wire. At least it won't affect the looks. Also when you go to sell it you can use the word Bose in your ad without lying. <br>
<br>
<br>
<p>cx798963-c.alsv1.occa.home.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts