Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about to order a UK spec 2003 CLK (New shape), and just wanted some info on the COMAND system and whether the BOSE Audio is worth it? I have been to two dealers and obviously they just say YES! Despite prodding they couldn't really sell them to me or even be bothered to show me - also how good is the TV tuner?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Id certainly go with COMAND and the BOSE - I like COMAND, and get very lost without sat-nav, and it integrates nicely with the phone (so Id order that too) so you can hide the phone away, and use it from the steering wheel controls and from COMAND.<br> <br> The BOSE vastly improves the sound quality, and gives you a digital amp (ie connects to the head unit with fibre optics) - which is a good thing for reducing noise etc on the speakers.<br> <br> TV tuner, I ordered my latest car with it because I could - but I really wouldnt bother - spend the money on the phone option (which is now Nokia 6310i) and if enough buy the voice-recognition aswell since it means you can dial (etc) without even reaching down to the COMAND unit.<br> <br> Now, all those coments relate to my old CLK, my wifes ML, and my soon to arrive new SL (which Ive played with as its at the dealer being PDI'd). I have no experience of the new CLK apart from sitting in one in the showroom that had the phone in it.<br> <br> R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts