Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 600 SEL
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm looking for the Bose amplifier plug numbers meaning.
My 600 SEL has no amplifier so I want to install a new one, not the original Bose.
I'd like to know how to find every speaker wire, the original plug is in place and there are at least 30 pins.
Another question, how the Mercedes fader button works ? (the button near the 4 central electric windows buttons)

Thank you very much
Roald

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
All US 500, 600 had the BOSE system standard. The Amp sits over the drivers side rear wheel next to the gas tank. It is one of the common failures on the car, and can be rebuilt by BECKER and some other repair shops.
http://www.mercedesradiorepair.com/
It is a seven channel, eleven speaker, Two in each front door, one in each rear door, four on the back package tray (two tied together), and one tweeter behind the rear viw mirror. The fader controls the amp, and the two speakers on the dash are used for the CELTEL if installed.
The system consists of the control unit, tied to the tuner in the tunk with a large "din " plug. If the car has the CD the cable is routed to the CD first and then back to the tuner sitting at the base of the driver rear wheel housing. There is no amp other than the BOSE available, you can strip the entire system and replace it with something else, the wiring is integrated.
The speakers are 4 ohm, except the rears whick are 2 ohm tied in series

·
Registered
Mercedes 600 SEL
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply.
In my car I only have wires, no CD changer, no tuner, no amp. This is the reason I'd like to know how this big plug is done. All the wires from the fader and the speakers come to this large plug.
To install a new radio system I need to know every pin of this plug.
Do you know where I can find the plan ?

Thanks
Roald

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
You could try and get the 140 Body CD that MB sells for approximately $180. It has wiring diagrams, did your car come with no radio?

·
Registered
Mercedes 600 SEL
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,
I've bought this car without radio, tuner, CD and amp, only the antenna is in place.

I know the original Bose system is great but I prefer to install a common CD radio with a normal amp.

This precious Bose schematic is exactly what I need !

THANK YOU very much
Roald

1 - 5 of 5 Posts