Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I own a 2002 MB E320 with Bose 8 speaker system. It is supposed to have 8 speakers but I only hear sound coming from 6 of them- 2 subwoofers at the rear dash, 2 at the bottom of the rear doors and 2 at the bottom of the front doors.

The 2 grills at the top of the front door behind the rear view mirrors look like tweeter speakers but they are not- they are just vent ports from the speakers from the bottom of the front door. Only ambient sound comes out of it and is very faint.

Where are the 2 other two missing speakers? Are they located at the front dash? If so, are they part of the Bose speakers or do they function only for the Tele-Aid system. I do not hear anything coming from the front dashboard when playing the CD or radio.

The dealerships seem ignorant about these matters. Can anyone help me with an answer? They tell me that there is nothing wrong with the audio system but they cannot tell me where the speakers are.

All I know is the system does not sound as good as when I first purchased the car new a year ago.

Thanks

·
Registered
2000 E320
173 Posts
The bottom of the front doors actually have four speakers. The two 6.5" woofers with 1" tw...

The bottom of the front doors actually have four speakers. The two 6.5" woofers with 1" tweeters mounted on top of them. I don't know why they didn't put them up in the A-Pillar considering the speaker grills are there which you already noted you could here the amibient sound coming out of. Perhaps it's because true audiophiles say that the tweater and woofer should be really close together or it messes up the sound--maybe the Bose guys used that logic when designing the system for the car. But then why did MB still include the those top A-Pillar speaker grills--I don't know why. In my last E Class I Put my JL tweeters up there and it sounded just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts