Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Folks.

Came across this on the net and thought it might be of general interest, but particularly to the more tech-minded folks here. I also saw some posts regarding simply blowing on it to watch the voltage fluctuations, see if they are in range, etc. (Of course, you'll need to clean it after blowing on it....:D)

At any rate it provides information that is useful to help diagnose the MAF itself, so that's an option if you're getting codes and want to dig in a bit before buying a new MAF.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to WitekM for posting the attached related to diagnosing the P0100 code on a MAF ... dovetails well with the other one from Bosch.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time for a bump...here you go, Lou ... and particularly, Ron.

·
Registered
03 E320 4M Wagon & 97 E320
3,926 Posts
Thanks, Greg.

I read through both PDF and also compared to my WIS docs. I am adding the third doc to make this more compete.

The Bosch doc mentioned the test of the air temp sensor because it is part of the MAF. The P0100 Mercedes doc did not mentioned that. However, the P0110 doc mentioned the air temp sensor test by measuring both voltage and resistance as a function of air temperature. Here is that part of the test.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 E320 Wagon (306,000 + miles)
137 Posts
Time for a bump...here you go, Lou ... and particularly, Ron.
Thank you, sir! I saved all the attachments and will read through them. Good thing I didn't throw away my original MAF, I can even make comparisons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for MAF/AMM Running Specs

Hi? I am new here. I am looking for MAF/AMM running specs. on part#
MB#0000 940548 Bosh# 0280217100

94-96 C-class Maf

Please help if you can. Thanks

·
Registered
1998 E320 Wagon
632 Posts
Just a quick question. The Bosch posting lists two different types of MAFs (HFM 5 and HFM 2). Each has several part nos. and the electrical characteristics are different for each part no. The second posting (WIS) has some data but no reference to which type/part no. it applies. Perhaps the ranges given provide enough leeway for qualitative testing. Maybe the year/model/engine designation for the second posting could be provided?

Thanks, Greg for the information.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts