Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
W201, W212, W221, & W222 Moderator
8,420 Posts
I've got some pressure testing and voltage testing I need to do for the 500SE. Suggestions for the best tools to get for doing that? I've got a multimeter, so that's taken care of for measuring voltage, but what about fuel pressure?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Still 3 volts

Thank you for your quick response. That thread is really nice and useful.
Last time I checked I had only 3 volts. You wrote that the other injectors use 3 volts.
I will check again with another voltmeter and I will unbolt the injector to see if it spays.
Still 3 volts with other voltmeter. Injector unmounted and no spay. Next step ? Clean injector with caburetor cleaner ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excellent Post! Clear & Concise, without the Usual Pontificating, Self-Serving (Aggrandizing) Babble! I shall return to ask future questions in a similar manner as you have addressed THIS 'Malady Of Maintenance'! THANK YOU SIR!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hi Nutz 4 Benz, everyone,

I found the summary of potential faults with K-Jetronic extremely useful, i.e. it saved my butt :) I just wanted to add my experience regarding

5) Shorted or defective thermo time switch; The cold start injector will not work if the thermo time switch is defective. Check this in the event that your cold start injector does not function before replacing"

In my case, the cold start valve & thermo time switch were working and spraying fuel - but after long and painful troubleshooting it turned out that the thermoswitch wasn't working correctly in cold state, i.e. it was keeping the cold start valve energized for longer that actually required and thus flooding the engine. The valve should spray fuel for 0.3 sec for every 1deg Celsius below 15deg C (approximately of course). For me replacing the thermo switch resolved the issue where the car, '79 450SL, would crank away but wouldn't start.

Nutz 4 Benz - thank you for taking the time to compile all the info, hats off to you good man! :bowdown:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Benz 4 Nutz and everybody!. I got a Mercedes 260E, W124, year 1992 with KE3 Jetronic. But I dont know this car has no O2 sensor, so how can I adjust the mixture if there is no sensor 02??

Thank you!

101 - 105 of 105 Posts