Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,349 Posts
You've failed to state your case. I'm well aware of how a ponzi scheme works too. You pay out more money to investors than what you take in. Try understanding what it really is so you know the distinction between a ponzi scheme what could just be a bad business decision. They've been doing the lifetime warranty for over 6 years at this point.

Also keep in mind that many parts already come with a lifetime warranty. Rockauto also sells lots of parts with lifetime warranties and I've also taken them up on their coverage before too. Certain lines like Moog, Monroe always had lifetime warranties.

You seem to not understand the difference between lifetime defect warranty and lifetime wear warranty.
30 years ago I bought set of screwdrivers at Sears. The most used one got replaced about 12 times in those years. But Sears never gave wear warranty and would you bring wear screwdriver - they would not replace it. I just "made the screwdriver fail" when it start showing wear. At the end, -Sears is out of business.
Lifetime replacement for wear out parts is Ponzi scheme.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have not taken them up on any of their warranty. Seem like it covers wear.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
You've failed to state your case. I'm well aware of how a ponzi scheme works too. You pay out more money to investors than what you take in. Try understanding what it really is so you know the distinction between a ponzi scheme what could just be a bad business decision. They've been doing the lifetime warranty for over 6 years at this point.

Also keep in mind that many parts already come with a lifetime warranty. Rockauto also sells lots of parts with lifetime warranties and I've also taken them up on their coverage before too. Certain lines like Moog, Monroe always had lifetime warranties.

Yes and Autozone, Advance, Oreilly all have lifetime parts and I have used them on calipers pads, rotors but not on filters like FCP and I have sent back fuel, cabin, oil, and air and it saves you about $130 minus $12 shipping, your refund is available for your next order at checkout.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You seem to not understand the difference between lifetime defect warranty and lifetime wear warranty.
30 years ago I bought set of screwdrivers at Sears. The most used one got replaced about 12 times in those years. But Sears never gave wear warranty and would you bring wear screwdriver - they would not replace it. I just "made the screwdriver fail" when it start showing wear. At the end, -Sears is out of business.
Lifetime replacement for wear out parts is Ponzi scheme.
There are some Sears hardware stores still and Craftsman is sold by Lowes and Ace hardware which seem to honor the lifetime warranty on hand tools

·
Registered
E63AMG, SLK32AMG, Ferrari 348 Spider, R350 Bluetec, Eagle Talon TSI/AWD, Jeep CJ7, Smart EV
318 Posts
I bought an Odyssey battery for my each of my Benz cars (3) and each battery lasted 9+ years. I only replaced them because I was getting itchy about having 9 year old battery in my cars. None ever failed. They cost plenty but were well worth it.

The longest my OEM benz battery ever lasted in any Benz I've ever owned was barely 4 years. I took good care of them (battery tenders in winter, lots of driving in summer). I wouldn't recommend a dealer battery.

·
Registered
142 Posts
  1. Sears is no longer in my area. My socket wrench ratchet failed decades ago. Sears gave a kit to replace the racket.
My OEM Varta batteries lasted 7 years and was weak by minimum voltage during cranking. Both started fine. Replaced them before they failed.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Do they offer lifetime wear warranty?
The sales people switching out the tool don’t care about the reason the tool failed to do its job as long as it wasnt purposely abused. Such as cutting a ratchet handle shorter to turn it into a stubby

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I havent purchased any new craftsman ratchets (my old ones still operate) but they have a great new handle design, Lowes has a quite a selection of Craftsman tools.

·
Registered
36,349 Posts
The sales people switching out the tool don’t care about the reason the tool failed to do its job as long as it wasnt purposely abused. Such as cutting a ratchet handle shorter to turn it into a stubby
When we can't control what actual people will do, they do have the policy. All it takes is read it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My charging voltage on the 2009 e320 bluetec has charge at 14.3V in the manual and it's exactly at the charge voltage. It implies the electronic does like above 14.3V.
The 2012 e350 4-matic has an actual charge voltage of 14.8V to 14.9V a few minutes after starting.
Will the e320 battery at 14.3V be under charged with the new AGM? Maybe original was a sealed gel type battery for "VRLA" on the e320 and not VRLA/AGM as on the e350)?

·
Registered
36,349 Posts
Battery full charge is 13.5 V.
Cars system give higher current for faster charging, but for years I've been driving MB who charge at about 14V and Fords who charge at 14.5V.
When MB batteries lasted up to 13 years, it is hard to get more than 5 years in Ford.
Don't compare charging short time after start up. Give it about 10 minutes and check what is maintenance charge.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts