Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was in Olathe Kansas to pick up a load at Tyson (the chicken folks). My appointment was for 1 am Wednesday but I got there at 3 pm Tuesday and foolishly thought they would take me early. In fact I had forgotten the truckers acronym for Tyson: "Trucker?, You'll Stay OverNight." The featherpluckers didn't give me a door until 5 am and didn't start loading until 9. Then they overloaded me twice and I didn't get out of there until 4 pm.

Do you give a shit?

Detention pay. :thumbsup:

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
I used to enjoy Dim Sum after enjoying a dim broad, but now I simply enjoy the Dim Sum, it goes with age you know:( Anyone here watch paint dry, its fun you know:D:cool:

·
52,804 Posts
Would you like to order Sum fling dim, sir ? Not before a pint of brake fluid thank you !.
Can you introduce me to her mother, I like em (weeeell) wierd. Never know it may be love at first sight:Smoker:

·
52,804 Posts
Sure ....
Now your talking dude, something just run down my leg and I hope its only sweat. Boy is she hot or what? Im just glad I dont wear Bills shoes especially after the Lewinski bit. I like a bitch with spunk, but this is a tad too much for little ol me:banghead::Smoker::Smoker:

·
66,897 Posts
Is there a possibility for some of that chicken to fall off the truck? Are you anywhere near Philly?

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
So I was in Olathe Kansas to pick up a load at Tyson (the chicken folks). My appointment was for 1 am Wednesday but I got there at 3 pm Tuesday and foolishly thought they would take me early. In fact I had forgotten the truckers acronym for Tyson: "Trucker?, You'll Stay OverNight." The featherpluckers didn't give me a door until 5 am and didn't start loading until 9. Then they overloaded me twice and I didn't get out of there until 4 pm.

Do you give a shit?

Detention pay. :thumbsup:
I know this is going to be a stupid question but since they don't give you an early berth and penalize you for that, do they compensate you when they are late with a berth and overload you, causing you to be late?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Damn! when a Truck shows up early here we love it! we get em in as fast as possible and and load em right away.... if they have to wait and it does happen we at least have coffee for them and keep them informed....

The only bitch we have from truckers is in the winter time..... our loads are too light even thought the trailer is full.... However in fair weather they love it since it is nearly like running with a Empty trailer...

We like it when they are early because that means our load will be at the customer's dock ahead of time and most of our customers wanted the load yesterday anyways.....

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know this is going to be a stupid question but since they don't give you an early berth and penalize you for that, do they compensate you when they are late with a berth and overload you, causing you to be late?
Yeah, that's the detention pay. $75 an hour so I cleaned up, but in reality, it cost me a day and a half so I pretty much break even.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts