Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 83 300CD turbo diesel with 465,000 miles on it. My dad wants to rebuild this other engine that I have that was probably ran out of oil so one of the rods is probably frozen against the block. It's from a W123 300D turbo 1982. My dad wants to put it in my coupe so its faster and it doesnt get in the way. <br> <br> My question is. Should I rebuild the 83 engine or the 82 engine? Are they the same? <br> <br> Next question. I heard that you have to sleve every cylinder when you rebuild them, so, assuming that I sleve every cylinder what is the maximum piston diameter that I can use, and what is the factory diameter? What would be recommened so have enough sidewall left? I want to make a bigger bore to make it quicker, because if my dad is going to spend the money on something that he doesnt need to do, might as well have him pay my way into having the fastest 123 around. I want to have more low end torque, and also maybe I can get an intercooler and a different turbo. If anyone has light on the issues, could you shine it my way? <br> <br> Thanks, <br> <br> Austin<br> <br> Email me direct at [email protected]<br> <br> <br> <br>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.