Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've found several wheels made by Borbet that I like. The price is good but I hear the quality is not good but I wonder why people are saying that. I don't believe it has to be expensive to have a good quality product. what is your opinion?<br>
i understand each brand has a wide range of selections but if you have to order them by the quality , where would Borbet fit?<br>
BBS,Momo,Borbet,SSR and etc.. Also, is AMG made by another company? Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First of all you are correct when you say that not all wheels are created equal. BBS is one of the best wheel manufacturer's in the world. The easiest way to find out if you are getting a quality wheel is look at the manufacturing process and stay away from most gravity cast wheels. Borbet's are pressure cast to reduce or eliminate voids in the casting which create weak spots. The warranty for a Borbet wheel is Lifetime against stuctural defect and 2 years on the finish. Borbet has made many OE wheels for auto manufacturer's including MBZ. AMG does not make wheels their wheels are contracted our to a couple of different companies. <br> Thanks, Luke

1 - 2 of 2 Posts