Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes CLK320
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Can anyone help?

I have a problem with my boot/trunk that won't open!!.

The boot/trunk indicator light on the central control panel is on, showing that the boot/trunk is open. However It won't open!. I've tried just pressing the button on the boot as normal, but nothing. I've tried the key, and that thing won't budge!. I've even managed to crawl, after putting the rear seat down, into the boot and removed the 2 bolts that hold the lock in place and then get the boot open that way. I then stripped the lock down, oiled it and thought that I'd fixed it. I changed the position on part of the lock mechanism and this allowed me to open the boot manually by pressing the button, but would not allow it to lock. I changed everything back to the way it was originally after that.

It was working ok, until I noticed that the interior boot indicator light was on, but could still open and close as normal. Then when the boot was open, my girlfirend pressed in the grey push button light indicator (on the boot next to the lock), and since then we've had this problem!

The car is a CLK 230 Kompressor 2000 reg. Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,417 Posts
Run a search my man, all your answers await. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts