Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
S 420
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The handle that comes out automatically when the trunk is opened is stuck out as if the trunk is open and the trunk indicator light inside the car remains illuminated even after i closed the trunk manually.

·
Registered
S 420
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: Sounds like the microswitch that tells the car that the trunk

Hey Brett thanx for the insight if it is not asking 2 much can you possibly supply me with a part number or were it is located and by the way i saw your breakdown you did in the trunk 2 check your pumps it showed me alot with the pictures and all.

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 (sold)
4,660 Posts
There is a switch in the trunk latch (the lower part attached to the body).

I don't know any part numbers. I believe this sends a signal that the trunk has closed. If you open the trunk and push in the latch with your thumb (leaving the trunk open) the light should go out and the trunk handle should retract. Could be the switch itself or just the electrical connection to the switch or some mechanical reason for why the switch doesn't get operated when the trunk latches. You'll just have to dig into the latch mechanism and see what's up.

I didn't see an indication in alldatadiy.com that there was any adjustment possible for this switch. That doesn't mean there isn't, however. (There is an adjustment for the switch in the striker eye mechanism in the trunk lid.)

BTW, if you DIY stuff, I recommend a subscription to www.alldatadiy.com. Very worth the $25 (first year, and $14/year after).

Brett

1 - 4 of 4 Posts