Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 S500L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE REALLY NEED HELP,

i was having issues closing the boot after some christmas shopping so i slammed it closed and appeared to close, at this time i though thats fine ill sort it at home.

it now appears that only the right side catch is on, so the main catch and the left one appear to be free, deffo the left hang catch,

anyways the problem is that im unable to open the boot no matter what i try, ive tried with the key and i can hear the pump but nothing happens and when i reset the pump as it appears to cut out after 3-4 attempts and try the fob or switch the same thing, i can hear the pump but it will not open, im guessing the main lock is off and the right catch is stuck,

please help me get my boot open, to make matters worse the christmas shoppings in there :(

·
Registered
2000 S500L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, right I've managed to get into the boot through persistence :-( I've taken off the lock mechanism and I'm not to sure what I'm looking for.

I've taken off the small hockey Puck shaped thing and it appears to be fine although doesn't seem to work whilst on the car if I blow into it the small pipe comes out,

What should I be looking at?

Any help would be awesome,
Cheers
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts