Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer with a S280 1987 with the bonnet cable broken and he cannot get this to open. Main dealer suggests breaking off side headlight. Seems a bit drastic at 300ukp!<br> Someone tell me there is an easier way!!!<br> Thanks in anticipation<br> Clive<br> Cheshire<br> UK

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My apologies, don't know how I came up with 280. It was in fact an S320(140).<br>
However I managed to open the right hand catch from underneath with a long bar pushing the catch while someone pushed the bonnet down and another pulled the release handle. The cable had not broken but the outer had managed to release itself from the catch somehow. Catch wasn't good so we replaced it and it is now fine.<br>
Main dealers managed to break the headlight surround and dimple the bonnet in their abortive attempts.Owner was not happy.<br>
Thanks for pointing out my error I can only put it down to senility<br>
Regards<br>
Clive

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I now beg to differ! there was a S280(140) made for the European market from Jan93 to Sept98 using the M104.944 engine in two versions 193hp & 197hp. Well at least the senility is not on this side of the pond!<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
Clive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.