Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
BMW
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all, I'd like to introduce myself:

I'm Filip and up until now I was "BMW-only" person. I currently own an extremely modified BMW hatchback.

The car is getting old and I wanted to get a new one. Unfortunatelly BMW design is getting worse and worse with every year. So, today I drove by the Mercedes dealership and looked at the 2004 C230 kompressor sedan sport. It's a nice car and has enough options to make me happy (if built to my personal specs)

Question today is - how easy is it to modify those? I know I will not mess with the suspension and the engine for some time (not to void the warranty), but what about different body kits, emblem updates, black out kits for the chrome parts, Spoilers, lips, bumpers, side skirts, mirrors, etc.? Could someone direct me in the direction of places, that DO sell those?

Thanks

·
Registered
W204 & W211
2,717 Posts
welcome filip,

there are lots of ways to modify c230 or any mercedes... prolly not as m...

welcome filip,

there are lots of ways to modify c230 or any mercedes... prolly not as much as civic or golf...

not sure about texas area, but check out these sites...

www.brabus-usa.com
www.lorinser.com
www..com
www.f1motorsport.com

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts
Also try .com , performanceproducts.com , and just search this forum and mbworld too. You...

Also try autoclass.com , performanceproducts.com , and just search this forum and mbworld too. You will find SO much info and find EXACTLY what you want

·
Registered
17 Posts
www.wheelexperts.com
they're located in texas. there are so many things u can do with ...

www.wheelexperts.com
they're located in texas. there are so many things u can do with an mbz, but most of the stuff is high end. more affordable kits that i've found are either replicas or the rieger.

·
Registered
BMW
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

where can I find a web-site for the Reiger. I know all the places that sell ...

thanks

where can I find a web-site for the Reiger. I know all the places that sell it for BMW, but not for MB

·
Registered
w203
21 Posts

I'm Filip and up until now I was "BMW-only" person. I currently own an extremely modified BMW hatchback.

The car is getting old and I wanted to get a new one. Unfortunatelly BMW design is getting worse and worse with every year. So, today I drove by the Mercedes dealership and looked at the 2004 C230 kompressor sedan sport. It's a nice car and has enough options to make me happy (if built to my personal specs)

Question today is - how easy is it to modify those? I know I will not mess with the suspension and the engine for some time (not to void the warranty), but what about different body kits, emblem updates, black out kits for the chrome parts, Spoilers, lips, bumpers, side skirts, mirrors, etc.? Could someone direct me in the direction of places, that DO sell those?

Thanks

Hey filip so u had or have a bmw hatchback (extremely modified) and are looking to get a 230 kompressor?

Suggestions and past experiences- if your looking to go all out on ur new C CLass (if u get it) u should look to spend well over 10k maybe even 15k.....it all depends what u wanna do to it. If you want to go classy look(which you should) lorinser(company i went with), carlsson and brabus are companies where nothing comes cheap, even used. (AMG is a lil cheaper, but who wants a c32 look if u don't really own one under the hood) There are many various types of kits and things you can do, but going about it in the right way is going to set u back a pretty penny. The c230 is not a preformance car, theres not to much u can do to the engine and the little that u can maybe up the HP by will not come cheap. The car is basicly all show and no go. However, if u do get the kompressor, get it in stick, and BE SURe TO GET BI-XENON, black, silver or white (suggestions)
If you don't get the BI-XENON, its gonna coast at least 1300 just to buy them aftermarket and thats not even including install. GOOD LUCK!

late

·
Registered
BMW
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Body kits

Thanks

Hey filip so u had or have a bmw hatchback (extremely modified) and are looking to get a 230 kompressor?

Suggestions and past experiences- if your looking to go all out on ur new C CLass (if u get it) u should look to spend well over 10k maybe even 15k.....it all depends what u wanna do to it. If you want to go classy look(which you should) lorinser(company i went with), carlsson and brabus are companies where nothing comes cheap, even used. (AMG is a lil cheaper, but who wants a c32 look if u don't really own one under the hood) There are many various types of kits and things you can do, but going about it in the right way is going to set u back a pretty penny. The c230 is not a preformance car, theres not to much u can do to the engine and the little that u can maybe up the HP by will not come cheap. The car is basicly all show and no go. However, if u do get the kompressor, get it in stick, and BE SURe TO GET BI-XENON, black, silver or white (suggestions)
If you don't get the BI-XENON, its gonna coast at least 1300 just to buy them aftermarket and thats not even including install. GOOD LUCK!

late
My options will be:

Exterior Color: 744 Brilliant silver metallic
Upholstery color: Ash leather with charcoal inserts
Trim color: patterned aluminum or textured aluminum
Bi-Xenons (319 lighting package)
6-speed
Rear seat package (drop down seats)

My basic intentions from the begining are to just make it look good. I don't want to mess with anything internal. I've done it before, and I think I grew out of it.

I'll be putting my In-dash Eclipse DVD player in, getting 18" wheels, front/rear bumper, side skirts, 5% tint all the way around.

I figure that all of that will run about $36,000-37,000

Bi-Xenons were my main option from the begining, as right now I have 6,000K HIDs in Euro housings... Every time I get in a car that doesn't have HIDs, it feels like I can't even see the road.

BTW, here's the link to my car: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145165

·
Registered
269 Posts
filip75 - 11/16/2003 1:30 AM

Thanks
regarding your question, I'll go all the way with mercedes, it ride smoother than bimmer, anyway it's really easy to modify w203, just explore this site :
www.faboulus.co.jp
www.wheelexperts.com
www.autocouture.com
www.formymercedes.com
www.carlsson.de
these sites i mentioned, first of all, u gotta managa how much grand you gonna spend....?
I think they may come with new face lift for w0203 at the end of 2004, currently i have c-class year 2001, I'd like to upgrade to bi-xenon, but i think if they might come with new face-lift, after all it ain't worth to have bi-xenon on it, obviously without bi-xenon washer, they know right-away that our bi-xenon are really fake, not an option from mercedes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts