Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7961877653&category=36475

Sounds very good:

The Mercedes Benz SLK Rieger Style ABS Front Half Bumper, Side Skirt and Rear Lip come from ABS (not Layers fibre glass). It's made by our ISO9002 qualified factory. 100% new and sealed in cartons

I am not associated with seller. Just want to give a heads up.

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
I always have a problem with sellers who put the word "STYLE" in the ad. They might as well say "COPY". Then they show pictures out of the catalog of the real thing instead of shots of their product actually mounted. Most of the time there is a lot of work needed to be done to get these copies to fit right.

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E-Klasse - 3/24/2005 1:32 PM

I always have a problem with sellers who put the word "STYLE" in the ad. They might as well say "COPY". Then they show pictures out of the catalog of the real thing instead of shots of their product actually mounted. Most of the time there is a lot of work needed to be done to get these copies to fit right.
Good point - the seller even didn't change rear license plate.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
You would really want to see pictures to see how it mounts, how big the gaps are. On the positive side at least it is ABS and not Fiberglass.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
143 Posts
Jerry seems to be carrying the same body kit as that on ebay. The pictures appear to be the same. His website indicates that it's a Reiger body kit.

In the pictures on both sites, the front lip doesn't appear to have any seam. Where does the lip attach?

Not being a down-and-dirty motorhead, what's the pros and cons of ABS versus fiberglass?

Has anyone on this forum actually installed this Reiger kit on their SLK and can vouch (one way or another) for fit, finish, etc?

It would be interesting to get feedback with those who've had experience with the Reiger kit.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230- RED
461 Posts
Who you callin a dirty motorhead, dammit [?][:D]

Fiberglass parts are hard, and if properly made can take a good lick and not be torn up too much. ABS is plastic and soft, as to deform a little when hit before they break. If they just deform, they will assume the original shape....no harm done..cept maybe a little paint scuffing.

Jerry is no scam...just a straight shooter that is gonna be there for you if you have probs. And from my experience on other stuff of his, it does what he says and it is what he says.

Regards

·
Registered
99 230 SLK Sport
42 Posts
Wish I knew where I could find that rear decklid spoiler. The ones Jerry sells are different and I like this one better, it seems higher and has an addtional contact point in the center.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts