Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I am in need of the body cladding piece on the right side of my wife's 190E 2.6 in blue. It's the small piece in front of the right rear wheel, behind the rear passenger door.

It's not too common to see a 190E in this color combination, hence my request. Thanks for any assistance :thumbsup:

By the way, the car's color code is Diamont Blue (diamantblau), 355. Thanks!

·
Registered
89 190E 2.6 x2
1,426 Posts

·
Premium Member
'92 MB W201 2.3, '10 MB X164 GL550 4Matic, '14 MB W218 CLS550 4Matic
911 Posts
Unless the cladding part has been repainted the same color the car painted with, it will be of a grey scale color
most NAM 2.6 skirt panels came with the same color which is matt silver grey
Anyway, the paint won't be a problem as it can be easily matched; the availability of the two female clips that is attached to the panel piece should be available along with the panel piece

·
Registered
89 190E 2.6 x2
1,426 Posts
gotta love the diamond blue 190's since they're far and few between.

·
Registered
1990 190E
15 Posts
I've got a white 190E that I'm parting out. I have that piece and it's in decent shape. I also have a diamond blue 190E but that one is why I bought the parts car ;)

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.6
91 Posts
I've got a white 190E that I'm parting out. I have that piece and it's in decent shape. I also have a diamond blue 190E but that one is why I bought the parts car ;)
Hey Packman, I would like to buy the same part, except I need the one for the drivers side.

Bill

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure is Doug! Lovely car you have. I hope the guy responds with good news. Reading the ad it seems the car was hit on the passenger side... crossing my fingers for this.

·
Registered
89 190E 2.6 x2
1,426 Posts
Diamond Blue 190's of the world unite!!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The parts just came - but the body cladding piece was the wrong color! I even sent an image of the missing body cladding piece and it's vividly blue...

Emailed for a refund or exchange for the correct item. We'll see how this goes.:mad::mad:

He sent me a gray one - that made me think, why does his 190E have gray body cladding?

Okay now I have another question, is it dangerous to install a used seatbelt unit (reel + belt) into my car? There's a warning on the reel assembly stating not to remove or "open" but it's on the part that seems to carry the pyrotechnic charge...

Has anybody done this before?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts