Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out about some audio issues when putting in the aftermarket amp. Now for you it would be different, you have an aftermarket radio.
So FYI, ...... If placing an aftermarket amp to replace your factory, you need to buy a piece that takes care of the RCA end of it. I've been having problems with my system ever since it was installed. Sometimes, I would just get a high pitched whine out of the speakers. Then sometimes it works perfectly fine.
Bottom line ....... if you replace the amp, replace the head unit!!!
Bnzcoupe .... I just tinted the windows 20%. We'll be talking soon. I have everything for the CarPC except for the computer. I need to buy it and get it done. I found some chrome tail light surrounds ( bought Friday). I'll post some pics up!!!

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Location of factory amp

It's on the left side of your trunk. It's right above the wheel. Pull the trunk liner out and it's right there.

·
Registered
CLK 430
171 Posts
Whats going on man? It's been a minute since I talked to you. Hows is everything? I was wondering whats up with your Car Pc. Man just go ahead and get you an aftermarjet with AUX input so you can run your system. I bought a Panasonic rdio off ebay for $140. Circuit City wanted $500 for it. Let me so those pics when you get a chance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts