Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought I share something w/ you to make you feel better about your w140 .. after today, I sure do :)

buddy of mine was thinking about picking up an 02 325i 4dr auto w/ 60k miles for a very good price .. so we took it for an inspection @ my indi

the indi looked at it and concluded that the car needed 2 rear shocks, springs (broken coils), rear stabilizer bars, rear discs and pads, front ball joints, some misc bushings and suspension parts that I cannot remember now

Anyway,.. we called the BMW dealer and the parts cost $2500!!!!

just to satisfy my own curiosity, I called the local MB dealer and exact same parts for a 140 cost $1200

that's right

W140 parts cost 50% of BMW parts!

this is the ecobox 325 .. my indi was saying the newer 7 series parts were even more horrible

so be proud that you are driving your 140 and never wish for a BMW unless you'd like one to Break a Man's Wallet :D

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
From internet suppliers in the U.S. BMW parts seem to be a little cheaper than MB parts for comparble models, e.g. E-Class versus 5 series.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phone and ask for the parts for the W220 suspension...
yup, but I am not talking w220 .. I am specifically posting my experience in a 140 forum comparing a 140 vs. 325

by your reasoning, why don't I compare SLR or Maybach parts? Oh wait because then i would be posting this in either the SLR or Maybach forums :D

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
yup, but I am not talking w220 .. I am specifically posting my experience in a 140 forum comparing a 140 vs. 325

by your reasoning, why don't I compare SLR or Maybach parts? Oh wait because then i would be posting this in either the SLR or Maybach forums :D
Well I was thinking about something that was about the same age. Does the 325 not have any kind of stability control like the W220 does?

Comparing the W140 to the 3 is the same thing as both the W140 and 220 are big long sedans compared to a small coupe.

What I was basicly trying to say is that the W140 is old technology and you can expect it to be less costly that a newer car to repair the same way the W126 is less costly than the W140. But I see what your saying if your meaning that we can spend less on our W140's and have that much more car than your friend with the BMW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts