Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'91 500SL, '92 300E, '65 Mustang
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a letter in the mail from BMW...
Its a little ad trying to get you into the dealer and test drive a brand new BMW- hoping I like it and buy one. Their incentive is saying if you come in and test drive their car, they give you a $50 prepaid VISA card.
I am a little upset they think I will sell myself out and downgrade to a BMW for $50.
As a joke, I was thinking of taking my r129 there, getting the $50 prepaid visa card, and say, THANKS! i just wanted the reward. HEHEHE! :D
Oh, and I can rag on how much better the Mercedes-Benz are.

What a great deal! :p

·
Registered
1997 SL500, 1948 Rover 75 P3, 1984 Citroen 2CV, 1953 BSA Bantam D1, 1966 Velosolex Moped
1,141 Posts
I just got a letter in the mail from BMW...
Its a little ad trying to get you into the dealer and test drive a brand new BMW- hoping I like it and buy one. Their incentive is saying if you come in and test drive their car, they give you a $50 prepaid VISA card.
I am a little upset they think I will sell myself out and downgrade to a BMW for $50.
As a joke, I was thinking of taking my r129 there, getting the $50 prepaid visa card, and say, THANKS! i just wanted the reward. HEHEHE! :D
Oh, and I can rag on how much better the Mercedes-Benz are.

What a great deal! :p
Hi Andrew,
You are probably just scared of somebody in Lebanon threatening you with the Snu - Snu. As an owner of both marques I am now continually checking my back for impending doom. In my defence my B*W gets wet, dirty, salty, risks the rush hour traffic, and racks up the miles (203,000 now and running perfectly) while my SL is left for best.

B*W had a great advertisement in the UK for their second - hand cars a while back. They had a lovely young lady looking incredibly sexy with the slogan -
"You know you're not the first, but you would , wouldn't you?"

Yeah, I know, very sexist. ;) Funny though! :D
$50? Try $500.
Regards
Steve

·
Sith Lord
72 280SE 88 560SEC 92 E500 6.0 95 SL320 14 GLK350
11,813 Posts
Going from a 1991 Benz to a 2011 is not really downgrading... BMW - whether we like it or not - is a luxury brand with significant value.

Now, you will get the snu-snu yes, because you should have taken your SL to the car wash instead of snitching 50 bucks from BMW.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Andrew,
You are probably just scared of somebody in Lebanon threatening you with the Snu - Snu. As an owner of both marques I am now continually checking my back for impending doom. In my defence my B*W gets wet, dirty, salty, risks the rush hour traffic, and racks up the miles (203,000 now and running perfectly) while my SL is left for best.

B*W had a great advertisement in the UK for their second - hand cars a while back. They had a lovely young lady looking incredibly sexy with the slogan -
"You know you're not the first, but you would , wouldn't you?"

Yeah, I know, very sexist. ;) Funny though! :D
$50? Try $500.
Regards
Steve
I LIKE YOUR STYLE! :)
I know, i am upset its only $50, but they are cheap, like honda. At least they will pay me $50 to drive a 760 BMW!
BTW, Mercedes gives $10,000 off a new one :p

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going from a 1991 Benz to a 2011 is not really downgrading... BMW - whether we like it or not - is a luxury brand with significant value.

Now, you will get the snu-snu yes, because you should have taken your SL to the car wash instead of snitching 50 bucks from BMW.
NO! NO SNU-SNU!
I will use that 50 bucks to get my car a realll nice car wash! (i actually am very good with that, and get it washed ever week, or every other week)

And yes, it would be a downgrade!
Lexus is a luxury brand too... :p

·
Registered
'91 300SL(sold) 2000 SL320 Edition '94 E220 T auto
694 Posts
My daily driver is a 2006 Sport model 7 Series BMW. Aside from older MB's (especially 129ers!!) I would say BMW currently have the edge. A good friend who is a very experienced panel beater at our shared franchise body shop confirms BMW is his favorite brand on overall build quality. In fact I think he say's BMW then Audi, then MB then SAAB. These brands all go to this big bodyshop. Certainly trust his judgement having seen a lot of cars stripped down and built back up. Mind you he won't have forgotten all the MB's getting masses of warranty work to sort thier rust issues out in recent years so maybe that's still clouding his judgement!

For a change next year i'm coonsidering a W221 S Class, now that prices are sensible.

You never know you might just about want to ask them to put thier $50 towards your deposit on a new BM after driving one!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts