Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Blutec issue with Back Pressure Sensor: Code P0471

505 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Brujo2030
Hi Y'all
I bought this 2012 E350 Blutec about 18 months ago. I have for the second time had to replace the Back Pressure Sensor. After reviewing some articles on the Forum it appears that the continued failure of this sensor maybe the found in the failure of the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) to self clean.
There are DPF cleaners, Liquid Moly has one, and I wonder if anyone has used it with good results. BTW, I used Liquid Moly Diesel Purge on my old 123 300E and it worked very well!
So, I am hoping the DPF cleaner will work as well.
But, am I the only one who has continued problems with their Back Pressure Sensor? And, are there other reasons for their failure besides the DPF?
I greatly appreciate your responses.
Brujo
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2014 CLA250 2012E350 Blutec California
6 Posts
Well, I called the local MBZ dealer and asked them to check. I have taken my other cars there before when necessary... and thought they were semi efficient. Today I talked to a sweet young girl who referred me to Cheech, then I talked to Chong, then a salesman tried to help me. In the past I was able to get records of a car I bought that was imported to Canada before coming to the US. Not today... I will try another dealer on Monday.

· Registered
1992 Mercedes-Benz 400E 2007 C230 Sport
83 Posts
If the diesel recall has been performed any dealer should be able to run coverage to see if the part is covered under the extended warranty. Email me the VIN and I'll see what I can find when I get home.

· Registered
2014 CLA250 2012E350 Blutec California
6 Posts
I am waiting on parts to take my car in for the "complimentary emissions modification". Nothing in the warranty specifically mentions the back pressure sensor. However, the sensor may continually fail due to problems elsewhere in the emissions system. Once the modification is made time will tell if there is less strain on the pressure sensor. I will be glad to give a report on what happens. In the meantime, I carry an extra exhaust back pressure sensor with me should it fail while I am on the road. It is very easy to replace. BTW, I bought an after market sensor that did NOT work. So if you plan on buying one I strongly suggest you get it from the MBZ dealer, yes it's twice the price but....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts