Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 SL500 Sport
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car came with an aftermarket Kenwood radio. It sucked. I swapped it for a Pioneer, and while better, hate the way it looks. I got an OEM Becker for a steal and want to add Bluetooth to it. I don’t care about phone functionality because I hate talking on the phone. I just want to be able to stream music. I know Becker in NJ does a job to add Bluetooth. Has anyone done it and if so, what can I expect? It’s a 1998 BE1692 with tape deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500SL ('93), C200 ('14), MGB Rdstr ('65)
160 Posts
I have similar BE 2210 "Special" with Yatour MB-06 digital CD-changer w/o BT (they also have Bluetooth options). I have been satisfied; the device fools the radio think there is a CDC connected. Sound quality is limited only by the Becker. If you go for it, make sure you get a model with red 10-pin CDC connector. Double-check with seller compatibility with your BE 1962. There are other brands too but my experience is about the non-BT Yatour.

Se also:

·
Premium Member
1997 SL500 Sport pano and 2010 R350 4Matic
310 Posts
I had Becker add an Aux connection and can connect my iPhone directly. I also bought a small BT box on Amazon which I can plug into the Aux box and the connect via BT to my iPhone.

Picture is of the Aux box.
Link to BT device I bought.

Mpow BH298A Bluetooth Receiver, Bluetooth Audio Adapter with Bluetooth 5.0 for Music Streaming, Wireless Bluetooth Receiver with Handsfree Calls, Siri Google Assistant, for Car/Home Stereo System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ML5GP72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JrWiEbTSX1XZ4

·
Registered
'91 560SEC, '98 SL500
1,918 Posts
I'm using this and really like it, plus I can remove it anytime...works great with the factory Becker and only $15 from Amazon

·
Registered
2001 SL500
84 Posts
I had Becker add an Aux connection and can connect my iPhone directly. I also bought a small BT box on Amazon which I can plug into the Aux box and the connect via BT to my iPhone.

Picture is of the Aux box.
Link to BT device I bought.

Mpow BH298A Bluetooth Receiver, Bluetooth Audio Adapter with Bluetooth 5.0 for Music Streaming, Wireless Bluetooth Receiver with Handsfree Calls, Siri Google Assistant, for Car/Home Stereo System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ML5GP72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JrWiEbTSX1XZ4

Does the Bluetooth device need to be charged?

·
Premium Member
1997 SL500 Sport pano and 2010 R350 4Matic
310 Posts
Yes the BT device must be charged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts