Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father has an S-class (W221) with a dock for a nokia phone. Is it possible to replace this dock with a bluetooth receiver that would allow his current phone (blackberry) to be used through the in-built car phone system?

I know it is possible to put in separate bluetooth systems, but wanted to see whether it was possible to synch with the existing car phone set-up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

There are many variants to the MB phone systems; we would need to know if the car is U.S. specification, and its model year.

Since you said the car has a dock, I am assuming it is a U.S. model equipped with an MHI phone system. If so, you could replace the dock with MB Bluetooth pucks B6 787 5878 or 6131 for Bluetooth capability. European puck numbers would be different. He could also use a Viseeo puck.

I suggest, however, that he test the setup before purchasing, if at all possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips. It's actually a European model, purchased in Ireland.

I had a look at the Viseeo products you suggested, which look like a neat solution. Since the car is a post 2004 model it appears that the MB-2 is the adapter that I need.

Looks like upgrading to bluetooth will prove more painless than I had expected!

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Thanks for the tips. It's actually a European model, purchased in Ireland.

I had a look at the Viseeo products you suggested, which look like a neat solution. Since the car is a post 2004 model it appears that the MB-2 is the adapter that I need.

Looks like upgrading to bluetooth will prove more painless than I had expected!
For a W221 your father might prefer MB OEM parts and accessories. The BT HF profile adapter should have the part number B6 787 5877. Depending on the Blackberry phone, it may also support BT SAP with the MB BT adapter part number A212 906 8600.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts