Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 S430. The prior owner had a Bluetooth upgrade performed by the dealership. I have a cradle with a V60 Bluetooth module. The system functions normally...COMAND recognizes the phone, phone pairs without issue, address book comes over, I can make a call and receive a call from the COMAND keypad. But... no microphone. The other party can't hear me.

There was a point where I had planned to use my MoBridge iPod module's BT function, and MoBridge wanted the factory phone module (under the rear seat) powered down and optically bypassed. Ultimately I wasn't happy with MoBridge's phone function, and I reconnected the factory module. There were two connections, the MOST optical connection, and a power connection.

I reconnected both. Did I miss something with respect to the mic?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
You may have. I'm not familiar enough with the mObridge installation to know if it uses its own mic (I think it does). It is entirely possible that the OE mic was disconnected, probably because of impedance mismatches between the 3rd party system and OE.

Unfortunately the phone bulletin for your car at Phone Bulletins does not show the mic connector (with a CP-211 such as your OE installation it would normally always have been connected). I suggest going to the bulletin for the '05 and checking Fig. 3 to see what the connector may look like. Although the '04 and '05 phone systems are entirely different, your mic connector may still look like Fig. 3.

Then see if you can find a similar, disconnected lead in your car.

BTW - there are lots of members on the forum who have more experience than I do, not only with specific cars, but with 3rd party systems. Their responses may give better insight than I can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts