1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just got my 2005 CLK two days ago, two things I could use help with:

Playing CD:

Is it correct that I cannot play a CD when the navigation DVD is in the COMAND? I didn't get the CD changer as I found the €500 MB price tag a little over the top for a CD changer. If necessary could I use any other CD changer?

Bluetooth:

The COMAND recognises my bluetooth enabled cell phone, is it possible to connect and call from that cell phone as well instead of using the one integrated in the car?

Cheers,

Tj.

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
Tjeerd - 5/6/2005 6:57 AM

Bluetooth:

The COMAND recognises my bluetooth enabled cell phone, is it possible to connect and call from that cell phone as well instead of using the one integrated in the car?

Cheers,

Tj.
unfortunately the bluetooth built into COMAND will NOT allow you to place / receive calls on regular cell phones.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Tjeerd - 5/6/2005 6:57 AM

Hi,

I just got my 2005 CLK two days ago, two things I could use help with:

Playing CD:

Is it correct that I cannot play a CD when the navigation DVD is in the COMAND? I didn't get the CD changer as I found the €500 MB price tag a little over the top for a CD changer. If necessary could I use any other CD changer?

Cheers,

Tj.
And since the 2005 W209s ahve MOST wiring, you can't just use any CD changer. You have to get one that is compatible with the MOST wiring in your car... Just remember, retrofitting a CD changer (MB) afterwards is usually more expensive than ordering it when purchasing the car...

greetingz,

BigSis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'll have to spend a bit more then, but have to say that i find it more than dissapointing that after you spend a considerable amount of money on the fantastic "comand" system, it turns out to have less functionality than that what you would find on the simplest of cars...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts