Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Mercedes E350
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have E350 that i would like to install the Viseeo bluetooth option or the equivelent MB option in. The car does not have the phone cradle or the UHI connector in the center console. I spoke with a representative at a local dealer and he quoted $650 if the car was prewired for phone or $2500 if not. The MB rep from MBUSA told me that if my car had the TeleAid option, which it does, that the car is prewired at the console. Does anyone know how to access the MOST bus through the center armrest?

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
Prewired at the console would probably mean the car has the wiring harness from the trunk to the centre armrest compartment. No MOST cables at the console, the phone control unit would be installed at the trunk.

The phone bulletins here explain what has to be done if the car does not have the phone kit:
http://phdwebsite.powerpulse.cc/Phone Install Bulletins/2005 E Sedan.pdf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Understanding the terminology

I was told the same thing by 3 different socal dealers. They can check the mercedes computers, based on your Vin, as to whether you are pre-wired. The guys at the all of the dealers had no idea what they were talking about and ultimately no idea what I was talking about. They quoted me from 1700-2500. Then i found some posts online and though I had found a way to get it done for 650. I was wrong.. The threads I found were from guys who had e-class cars, mostly '04.

Anway, here are my findings after spending the last 2 months trying to get my phone to work in my '07 clk350 Cab.

Components:
1. UHI Controller (700-800) - Interfaces the phone with the car audio system.
2. Completer Kit (See pic) (150-400 depending on model) - Mounting bracket for UHI Contoller, Antenna switch which allows the phone to use the car antenna
3. Bluetooth Interface (See pic) (250-400) - Examples are the Visseo or the puck.

It turns out that anyone like myself who owns an '06, '07 and some '08 depending on the models got screwed. Up until '05 mbz was putting in UHI controllers into all cars; but the best that I can figure is that they realized they could make make more money charging for the whole thing.

I had MBZ check my vin and they said i had the wiring i needed so I figured cool, only 650 for what they wanted to do for me for 2500. Also I figured I could always tap into the tele-aid wiring I had in the armrest. Feeling confident and proud of myself I went out and bought the bluetooth interface from someone on these forums for $300, then went to mbz in long beach and they sold me a completer kit for $350. Installed everything in the armrest and headed to the trunk. Thats when I found all of the wires from armrest just waiting to be plugged in. Also, looking back now I shouldve realized something was wrong because the bracket that comes with the completer kit is used for something.

Anyway, I took over someone's lease ans only have the car for a year; but I drive 150 a day and it would have been worth putting it in for 650 but almost 1500 doesn't make sense.

The worst part of it all was that when I went back to the dealer, they refused to take the completer kit back. "Don't take returns for electrical parts.

If I am wrong in my finding or anyone can make suggestions on finding a cheap UHI controller please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will this work in US cars

Can anyone confirm whether this will work in US cars. If so will it work with the bluetooth adapter I have also?

Thanks

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
I have E350 that i would like to install the Viseeo bluetooth option or the equivelent MB option in. The car does not have the phone cradle or the UHI connector in the center console. I spoke with a representative at a local dealer and he quoted $650 if the car was prewired for phone or $2500 if not. The MB rep from MBUSA told me that if my car had the TeleAid option, which it does, that the car is prewired at the console. Does anyone know how to access the MOST bus through the center armrest?
Bottom line is if you don't have a complete functional phone system in your car, then forget abut bluetooth.. pre wire means nothing... and these dealer guys don't know anything.

It will cost you upwards of 2500 for the dealer weather you have wires or not. Its not the wires that costs.. its the hardware and installation which is not cheap. The bluetooth module alone is $350. you think the entire rest of the system totals 300??

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
Bottom line is if you don't have a complete functional phone system in your car, then forget abut bluetooth.. pre wire means nothing... and these dealer guys don't know anything.

It will cost you upwards of 2500 for the dealer weather you have wires or not. Its not the wires that costs.. its the hardware and installation which is not cheap. The bluetooth module alone is $350. you think the entire rest of the system totals 300??
Yes but the installation is not as expensive at all if the car is pre-wired for a phone kit (as opposed to coming with phone pre-installation which is the full phone kit).

Also if one is using the US BT HF adapter, there is no need for the cell phone antenna and antenna compensator. Just about the only part OP needs is the phone controller (I understood he had the console parts and the microphone).

·
Registered
2001 E320 4matic Wagon
87 Posts
Understanding the terminology

I was told the same thing by 3 different socal dealers. They can check the mercedes computers, based on your Vin, as to whether you are pre-wired. The guys at the all of the dealers had no idea what they were talking about and ultimately no idea what I was talking about. They quoted me from 1700-2500. Then i found some posts online and though I had found a way to get it done for 650. I was wrong.. The threads I found were from guys who had e-class cars, mostly '04.

Anway, here are my findings after spending the last 2 months trying to get my phone to work in my '07 clk350 Cab.

Components:
1. UHI Controller (700-800) - Interfaces the phone with the car audio system.
2. Completer Kit (See pic) (150-400 depending on model) - Mounting bracket for UHI Contoller, Antenna switch which allows the phone to use the car antenna
3. Bluetooth Interface (See pic) (250-400) - Examples are the Visseo or the puck.

It turns out that anyone like myself who owns an '06, '07 and some '08 depending on the models got screwed. Up until '05 mbz was putting in UHI controllers into all cars; but the best that I can figure is that they realized they could make make more money charging for the whole thing.

I had MBZ check my vin and they said i had the wiring i needed so I figured cool, only 650 for what they wanted to do for me for 2500. Also I figured I could always tap into the tele-aid wiring I had in the armrest. Feeling confident and proud of myself I went out and bought the bluetooth interface from someone on these forums for $300, then went to mbz in long beach and they sold me a completer kit for $350. Installed everything in the armrest and headed to the trunk. Thats when I found all of the wires from armrest just waiting to be plugged in. Also, looking back now I shouldve realized something was wrong because the bracket that comes with the completer kit is used for something.

Anyway, I took over someone's lease ans only have the car for a year; but I drive 150 a day and it would have been worth putting it in for 650 but almost 1500 doesn't make sense.

The worst part of it all was that when I went back to the dealer, they refused to take the completer kit back. "Don't take returns for electrical parts.

If I am wrong in my finding or anyone can make suggestions on finding a cheap UHI controller please let me know.
Hi Eshamp,
Did you ever end up using that completer kit?
If the price is right, then I may be interested.
Please let me know.
Thanks.

Happy Wagon

·
Registered
2010 C63
1 Posts
Hi Eshamp,
Did you ever end up using that completer kit?
If the price is right, then I may be interested.
Please let me know.
Thanks.

Happy Wagon
I'm in the same situation, except I have a 2005 CLK500. I don't have the cradle adapter, but the OP was saying that the computer module (linking the cradle to the stock radio) in the trunk is factory. Can anyone confirm that is a true statement, or point me to where to look for it in the trunk?? Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts