Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GLC 4Matic; 2014 ML 350 Bluetec
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up GLC a few weeks ago and can't figure out how to stream music wirelessly with bluetooth using my iPhone. Did MB take this functionality away with pending Carplay implementation? I used to do this on previous Abs and can't believe they would remove the feature.

I really like the GLC and think it is a great car and improvement over previous model.

·
Registered
2016 GLC 4Matic; 2014 ML 350 Bluetec
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure, I will try. I went to the "Media" section and the CD changer came up on the screen. I then hit the controller toward the front of the car and hit the "Media" button again which called up the image of the world with the different options in a circle above the world. I twisted the controller to "bluetooth audio" and pressed down on the controller. Then I pulled the controller back to the rear of the car which gave me the option to connect a phone.

This sounds pretty convoluted as I write it and I hope it makes sense.

I also downloaded the latest version of iTunes (9.2.1). Not sure if this is necessary but in the spirit of full transparency, I wanted to describe everything I did.

·
Registered
GLC300 4Matic
16 Posts
Thanks.
I had my phone programmed/connected when I picked the car and I am using this for hand free access. Works fine. But if I am playing music via You tube or some other app on my phone, it doesn't get routed to car's audio. This is what I thought you were able to do (and I was told by dealer that this is not possible)

·
Registered
2016 GLC300
1 Posts
Hi Guys, new here and looking to pick up one of these GLCs soon so I'm just doing some research.

To be clear though, from what the previous post is stating, is it only possible to play music that is on the phone already? Is it not possible to stream music via Pandora, Spotify or some other dedicated music app?

·
Registered
GLC300 4Matic
16 Posts
So far I haven't been able to route anything, except phone calls, to the car speakers (music playing or navigation instructions (voice) off my phone).
Update:
Good news, I could stream music from my phone to MB audio.

Steps I followed:
Select Media on Infotainment System ( I suppose you know how to do this).
Select Device...
(If you have programmed your phone already, it will appear on the list...select it or add your phone/device,
Let system establish a connection...
Play music on your phone (I used a YouTube song)...sound is now streamed to MB's Audio system...
You can save this connection for the future use. However, system will prompt you to connect to last established connection the next time (even if you didn't save the connection).
Enjoy!
Off course you could have used a USB and one of the USB ports, but this is much easier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 350 ML
How do i stream my music from pandora through my bluetooth? I can take calls and hear directions through my maps app.....until i upgraded to iphone 8. I dont have bluetooth audio option.
We also have 2011 SL 550 which does not have bluetooth audio option as well.
Does anyone have advise ? thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sure, I will try. I went to the "Media" section and the CD changer came up on the screen. I then hit the controller toward the front of the car and hit the "Media" button again which called up the image of the world with the different options in a circle above the world. I twisted the controller to "bluetooth audio" and pressed down on the controller. Then I pulled the controller back to the rear of the car which gave me the option to connect a phone.

This sounds pretty convoluted as I write it and I hope it makes sense.

I also downloaded the latest version of iTunes (9.2.1). Not sure if this is necessary but in the spirit of full transparency, I wanted to describe everything I did.
I just tried it and it worked. Pandora works fine as well as music downloaded on phone. Thanks! Never would have figured it out without your post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.