Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S320 seem to be pre-wired for a phone (I have the speaker and mic), and I see that there is a small plug in my armrest box (looks like an ethernet plug).

My question is: Can I use that small plug with a Bluetooth device? It would be great if I can just wire a Bluetooth kit to fit the plug directly instead of going around and connecting it to the head unit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 1997 S320 with the same plug. Unfortunately, nobody responded to my inquiry some time ago. I believe the original available phone was an OKI. I have even researched availability of the schematics via OKI. Again, no information was available.

I am curious to see if someone can help this time. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
What you see is only the pre wire, there were 5 or six items required to complete the system $2,000 at least. Nothing is available any more and it was all ANALOG which will be dead Jan 08. OKI has been out of business, you might be able to adapt to the harness, I have not seen any schematics, there might be some info here. The RJ type connector would indicate it was Motorola, there ia also nothing available from them. In my 92 with an OKI the cables ended up in the rear drivers wheel well, the console cable ran up to the glove bin on the dash thru the control unit in the bin and back to the rear. In later years there was a cradle and handheld phone that interfaced.
Welcome to Paul's MB Info Website

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
39 Posts
old thread revival

Hi,
just a head's up that the last comments to this thread are about 6 years old :eek:

in any case, i just recently researched the same issue you're asking about and it seems that we're out of luck on this one.

MB began using a fiber optic system in 2000 (i think) and I just deleted (within the last 2 weeks) the phone compatibility chart that (i also think) is available on the MBUSA site.

It looked to me that you'd have to replace a w140 analog system with a new-tech one or settle for an aftermarket fix. If anyone know's differently, i'd like to hear it. my remarks are just what i came up with thru about 10+ hrs of googling.

·
W140 Moderator
7,486 Posts
Hi,
just a head's up that the last comments to this thread are about 6 years old :eek:

in any case, i just recently researched the same issue you're asking about and it seems that we're out of luck on this one.

MB began using a fiber optic system in 2000 (i think) and I just deleted (within the last 2 weeks) the phone compatibility chart that (i also think) is available on the MBUSA site.

It looked to me that you'd have to replace a w140 analog system with a new-tech one or settle for an aftermarket fix. If anyone know's differently, i'd like to hear it. my remarks are just what i came up with thru about 10+ hrs of googling.
Unless you already done it ,I reckommend you to download the manual in the link below & type in "Bluetooth" into the search bar that you see on the main page ,you be amazed what comes up ,(the whole w140 on your fingertips shows up) ,forget the Googling 10+hrs,this will take you 50+hrs to read it all lol.:thumbsup:
Follow the link: >> http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1766394-merc-s600-600sel-workshop-manual-here.html << .

·
Registered
7 Posts
What about a 2009 SL550 AMG with that plug in front of console. Looks like female for Apple I-Phone which would prevail in 2009. I have an adaptor that looks right (male 30 pin) male usb to attach to Samsung Galaxy S4 mini usb?
Found answer on MB Website. Called a Media Interface and has two wires coming out one for I phone (not 5) and a round female which I guess fits something

·
Registered
39 Posts
@Merc-S600
Thanks for pointing me to the link! file is downloading now:thumbsup:. I'm up for the 50 hr task-- it's well worth it. I really appreciate this share:bowdown:

@Frank Little Jr.
Good follow up! I'm off to the MB site. I think you're where i was on the MB site and see what I apparently missed. Thanks for resurrecting this topic :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
kdarkman
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing