Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05 C230 SSK
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you like me looking for a bluetooth solution that is not very restictive of the phone you use, I think I have found a solution. I was in the dealership this weekend picking up a new G55 AMG that just came in off the boat from Germany for my dad and saw a sign advertising that the dealership is now offering a universal bluetooth solution for all their Mercedes. I have been looking for one for quite awile for my 2005 MB.

After further research I found that this sytem will work with any bluetooth phone except Nextel phones. It is called HF-Blue (I appologize for this post if everyone already knows about this system) It is voice controlled dialing from a integrated 128 capable phone book and you can dial non phone book numbers by saying the numbers.

One of the nice surprises was that after I decided to get this system I was ready to schedule my dealer service appointment for the install. They told me I would be getting a call this Monday and the vendor of the HF-Blue would set up a next day appointment and come out to my office or home and do the install on location. So after the install this week I will have my system without having to deal with the dealer service dept. Also this system can be moved to a new car as many times as you would like. The vendor will remove and re-install for $100.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That sounds pretty exciting. Please let us know how you like the system once they complete the installation. Is it available only in California?

·
Registered
04 C230 Kompressor
335 Posts
How much? Can U post pics? Can I order the system & install myself? Dealers in NJ?

·
Registered
05 C230 SSK
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The system is about $1000. all you see in your cockpit is a 1.5in by 1.5in control button. Up underneath the dash they mount a speaker on the driverside and a speaker up under the dash on the passenger side. The brain gets mounted up under the passenger side. No wires. The nice thing about bluetooth is I do not even have to take the phone out of my pocket when I get in my car. It automatically links up when I start the car.

I do not know about other dealers but you can give them a call (I am sure their number is listed on their web page) to see.

So far the system has gone beyond my expectations. The only negative I can say is sometimes (because of the voice menu) you have to respond to a couple of questions to dial a phone book call. But this is a very very minor downside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts