Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm foregoing the MB phone system. I'm getting the Motorola V551 and will be buying a bluetooth headset. Any advice? I heard the Motorola HS810 is good in windy i.e. convertible conditions. I was also looking at the Jabra BT800 and the Sony Ericsson HBH-300. Mainly, I would like advice on phone quality with the top up and down. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got the BT800 and it works great but looks kind of big...I tried the Sony Ericsson 660 and it picks up the road noise, I also tried the Jabra 250 and that one picks up the every noice except my voice...ha ha ha...

·
Registered
Orion Blue SLK350
108 Posts
GernBlansten - 4/7/2005 8:38 PM

I'm foregoing the MB phone system. I'm getting the Motorola V551 and will be buying a bluetooth headset. Any advice? I heard the Motorola HS810 is good in windy i.e. convertible conditions. I was also looking at the Jabra BT800 and the Sony Ericsson HBH-300. Mainly, I would like advice on phone quality with the top up and down. Thanks.
I have that exact combination and it works well in somewhat windy conditions. My only cautionary note is that that phone sucks battery power (particularly with BT enabled) like there's no tomorrow. Otherwise, it's a decent phone.

Jerry

·
Registered
11 Posts
As for the BT800 with the top down, I have had full business converstation with clients and they did not know that I was driving with the top down and I was doing about 70 mph with windows up and I had the plexi glass screen from MB.
So I have the Sony Ericsson P910a with the BT800 and I have 8 hours of battery time with both. I also use my P910a as my MP3 player and it is hooked up to the AUX. So when a call comes in the phone changes from MP3 to phone and the music turns off. I will use this set up until the iPOD comes out. The Sony Phone holds 1 GIG of music with the Memory stick card and eat very little battey. If I do not have Bluetooth on and a phone call comes in the caller is on my car speakers and the phone uses it microphone. But the caller hear move car noice than my voice. (not the best option)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts