Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 CLK 350 Cab with the P3 package and was told the car is prewired for phone. How do I check to confirm that it is indeed prewired and what parts do I need to get my iPhone working with it via bluetooth?

·
Registered
2005 CL65 AMG, 2007 Ferrari F430
790 Posts
You will see pictures of what is actually installed to know if your car is equipped with MHI/UHI on our website at cartronics.com
"Pre-Wire" has been thrown around by MB for years to mean anything from a 50 cent piece of wire, to equipped and ready for the bluetooth dongle (puck) -about $1800 worth of stuff.
Regardless of what you have there is a solution, just what solution is the question.

·
Registered
2008 E350, Sport, P2
67 Posts
I have the same issue - my niece just got a 2008 CLK. Where exactly on a CLK is the puck connector if it is prewired? On my '08 E350, it is the back end of the center console. Her console is somewhat similar, but I don't see a connector in that spot. I'm not adverse to an aftermarket solution but want to be sure that it's not a prewired car before I go that route.

·
Registered
2016 GLE 400 4Matic
454 Posts
I was planing on going Bluetooth on my 2004 CLK since they just past a law in my state :(

I have the old fashion cassette deck with the CD Changer in the glovebox. I think I'm pretty much wired up since I found the phone Jack inside the center console but no cradle along with the Mic/speaker under the rear view mirror, phone system message on the instrument cluster (saying no phone) and the phone number key pad on the Head unit.

I guess I need to buy the phone cable along with the bluetooth module but is there anything else I need?

·
Registered
2005 CL65 AMG, 2007 Ferrari F430
790 Posts
ALL cars in the D2B fiber optics years based in the US (yours is D2B), have the phone jack. However they have ZERO support electronics unless you had a phone previously in the car. The cable and module will not work in this case. However, you can install an Argos and it will convert the car to bluetooth (it installs in trunk and nothing is needed in the armrest)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts