Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 G55
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 2011 G55, and was really disappointed that there was no bluetooth connectivity for the audio system. There is, of course, bluetooth for the telephone, but not for audio. Mine had the plug in the glove box that had a mini-plug for audio, and had an older iPod jack (the wide one) that was not compatible with my iPhone 6s. After plugging my phone into the aux port for a couple of weeks, I found this product from Coolstream called the CarPro, which plugs onto the iPod jack and enables my iPhone to connect to the audio system wirelessly:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017RW3DLG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a very small device that just sits in my glove box, and now my phone automatically connects to it when I get into the car. I play Pandora in my car, and literally Pandora picks up where it left off when I start the car, without having to touch my phone or the Command system. Terrific device!

·
Premium Member
2014 G550, 2000 SL500, 1995 E320 Cabriolet, 1980 TR8
1,721 Posts
I believe that Bluetooth audio can be enabled your Command system via a special engineering menu. Search the W212 forum on this board for the how to on this. I have a 2011 W212 but never enabled Bluetooth audio because I didn't want to deal with the poor quality of Bluetooth audio streams. I bought the $40 Apple Lightning to old 30 pin connector adapter to get better audio quality and control of my iPhone/iPod from the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
1997 E-420, 2001 E-320, 2007 S-550, 2009 E-350
395 Posts
West Short, Thanks for your suggestion. I purchased CoolStream Bluetooth Audio Stream, CarPro for my 2011 G-550, it worked great. Pandora, Iheart Radio and just plain playlist and music working great. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I researched and bought something similar called tune2air that looks to be identical other than branding. One issue I have is that when both this and the MB BT are connected I tend to have audio dropouts when on BT phone calls. I ended up buying an ipod touch that I use in car over wifi so that my phone is not dual connected to both BT devices.

·
Registered
G55 AMG
21 Posts
I have a 2008 G55 and my version of Command doesn't have a USB or AUX port.

Strangely, I can see AUX in the audio menu, but it doesn't do anything.

before I spend cash on a dension 500 or so, any advice? Am I missing something? I looked in the glove box and no connection there.

thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
2014 G550, 2000 SL500, 1995 E320 Cabriolet, 1980 TR8
1,721 Posts
I have a 2008 G55 and my version of Command doesn't have a USB or AUX port.

Strangely, I can see AUX in the audio menu, but it doesn't do anything.

before I spend cash on a dension 500 or so, any advice? Am I missing something? I looked in the glove box and no connection there.

thanks for reading.
On a 2008 I would go with the Dension. I have one in my truck and it works well- excellent audio quality and control of the iPod from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
None, yet
12 Posts
Help with this device?

I ordered one of these for my 2011 G. It pairs easily with my iPhone but I cannot get the audio over the car speakers. I chose Aux on the Audio menu and also tried the media player setting as well. What am I missing? Any help/advice appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1997 E-420, 2001 E-320, 2007 S-550, 2009 E-350
395 Posts
What did you order and install in your G?

I have been using CarPro for my 2011 G-550, it has been working great, no hiccups. My iPhone 7+ working fine with CarPro BT, I can make and receive calls and listening to Holidays Music via iHeart and Pandora without any issue. All working good.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The carpro and tune2air thing I have simply replicate as if an ipod was hooked into the ipod connector. You should try an older ipod and see if it works. My adapter is activated by selecting the ipod input, which is the first input by selecting the Disc button.

Also, people realize they are allowed to remove those crazy yellow stickers.

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor, Orion Blue, Sunroof pkg, Harmon Kardon, split folding seats, Tele-Aid
11 Posts
West Short, Thanks for your suggestion. I purchased CoolStream Bluetooth Audio Stream, CarPro for my 2011 G-550, it worked great. Pandora, Iheart Radio and just plain playlist and music working great. Thanks.

hello, i also purchased the CarPro by Coolstream for my 2005 W203 with factory ipod integration kit. works as advertised: steering wheel control, track titles on dash, auto pair when turning car off/on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.