Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 200 Kompressor
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a SLK 200 Kompressor, with CD 20, and for my surprise today I paired my Qtek with a device called UHI-SN6162 on my SLK.

It asks for a passkey but if you don't give it one it is paired...

Does any one have more info on this?

Tks!!!
[?]

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
frodo - 4/4/2005 7:44 PM

Hi!

I have a SLK 200 Kompressor, with CD 20, and for my surprise today I paired my Qtek with a device called UHI-SN6162 on my SLK.

It asks for a passkey but if you don't give it one it is paired...

Does any one have more info on this?

Tks!!!
[?]
you can pair with PDAs to retrieve the address book i believe.

You cannot pair with any mobile phone to place/receive calls unfortunately!

·
Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
788 Posts
ianx, you know for sure there is Bluetooth h/w in the SLK350?

I've never heard anything anywhere about it (though I've asked), EXCEPT in one place, on the training pdfs from the web (links were posted here a while back), it does show on the Multiple Handset Interface, a connector label Bluetooth Antenna! I was very intrigued.

Why o why, would MB put the h/w in the system and not allow us to use it with phones! All the pieces are there,except s/w (buttons on the steering wheel, interface to the display, h/w to store the phone book, etc.).

I've got it on my Lexus and its the greatest. You never have to think about it. Phone stays in your pocket or on your belt or in your purse. Automatically connects when you start the car. No opening the console and plugging (and then remembering to unplug when you leave).

MB should be embarassed, BT is one of the technologies that Europe invented and developed (it was named after a Norse king or something, after all). But it's the Japanese, following by the Americans that are exploiting it.

Only reason I can guess is they want to keep selling the horribly overpriced "MB phones" and cradle.

This is NOT very customer responsive, IMHO

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
bloflin - 4/6/2005 5:42 PM

ianx, you know for sure there is Bluetooth h/w in the SLK350?

I've never heard anything anywhere about it (though I've asked), EXCEPT in one place, on the training pdfs from the web (links were posted here a while back), it does show on the Multiple Handset Interface, a connector label Bluetooth Antenna! I was very intrigued.

Why o why, would MB put the h/w in the system and not allow us to use it with phones! All the pieces are there,except s/w (buttons on the steering wheel, interface to the display, h/w to store the phone book, etc.).

Only reason I can guess is they want to keep selling the horribly overpriced "MB phones" and cradle.

This is NOT very customer responsive, IMHO
Yep, the hardware is there for sure - if you have 'pre-wiring for phone' option or a cradle you can see the bluetooth option button in the COMAND.

why mercedes does not implement a profile to allow us to use it with mobiles is anyones guess!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts