Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought this S550 2008 model and absolutely love it! however a few quirky things with respect to the Nav and the Bluetooth have me pulling my hairs...

1) How to I just find a POI near me (like a pizza hut for instance near me..). The system makes me pick a city, then a category and then gives me all these names, and I have to sort thru it, and still it doesn't tell me which is closest to my current location. Is there a way to just find the nearest POI with a given name directly...

2) The current nav in this thing is missing so many POI's and street names that I got lost twice today.. luckily the GPS on my iPhone came to the rescue... does the 2011 map updates worth the $250? Does anyone have this update... can they share with us what differences there are? Anyone willing to rent it out? I live near New York/CT.

3) I have a bluetooth puck in my handrest .. .I have synced to my iPhone 4 --but can you stream audio thru your iPhone 4 directly via bluetooth?

Thanks for all the help.
AJ

·
Registered
25 Posts
1) I have a MY10 S class and although the NAV is useful but I always find that it is way quicker for me to find the places i wanna go with my iphone and then just use the voice command to enter the address into the Nav. just my opinion

2) My friend's S is MY08 and it is missing a lot of the features compare to mine so again in my opinion it is worth it. and I think you get more features. or maybe a whole command upgrade? search around or ask your local MB dealers.

3) to stream audio you will need the media interface plus but not sure if MY08 can have it installed. now I do have an idea if you have to have it: if you S class comes with the AUX with the Yellow, White and Red input jacks, you can buy a Xantech bluetooth unit and plug it in your AUX on your S, then have some one wire the power to your car then you can have bluetooth stream.

good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I think I will update the maps. Does anyone know if there is a telematic update as well for the 2008 S550? I think I will go ahead and use the iPhone cable instead of the Bluetooth streaming method as its just much easier and less expensive.

·
Registered
470 Posts
And sorry, A2DP = Advanced Audio Distribution Profile A Bluetooth profile (mode) for streaming audio, such as from a music phone to headphones. That is the common protocol that bluetooth is using. Just wondering how the S550 is working

1 - 6 of 6 Posts