Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 C350, 2009 CLK 550 Cab
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forums, read the posts and tried to do as much research as possible to come up with a solution for upgrading my 2009 CLK 550 with a bluetooth phone connection.

Here are the basics:
The car has the P2, Command navigation system, both CD players, Ipod connectors and just about every option except bluetooth-no connectors in the console and "No Phone" displayed on the info screen. But is standard prewired for phone.

The Mercedes solution seems to be crazy expensive-$2,000+. And while the Cartronics system seems to more economical than MB, I would like to get away spending less.

I found an installer who told me that the Tooki system was perfect but on further review he discovered that Tooki doesn't work for the 2009 CLK, only 2008 or earlier.

First question- if that is correct, what changed from 2008 to 2009 to make the Tooki incompatible?

I have looked at Parrot systems but I don't want to have any aftermarket screens or devices visible on the dash. I really just want a minimalist Bluetooth system that connects to my phone when I get in the car, shuts off the radio when a call comes in, uses the cars speakers for sound and lets me use the steering wheel buttons to answer the phone. All the Parrot systems seem to have a display or controller that runs features such as phone lists and the like-I would like to do without the controller or have it in the glove compartment where I don't see it- even if that means I don't have ready access to the advanced features.

Second question- is there a Parrot system that will work that way?

Thanks for reading this long wandering post and thanks for any info or guidance.

·
Registered
2012 C350, 2009 CLK 550 Cab
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer. And the iTronics is definitely something I am considering but I would like to know if there was a change in 2008 to 2009 which would change the options I am exploring.

·
Registered
2005 CL65 AMG, 2007 Ferrari F430
790 Posts
There have been too many software changes to mention across the line of Mercedes (about 64 iterations). However, one of our engineers was one of the original engineers for Mercedes that implemented and developed for the M.O.S.T system - so it is fairly easy for us to keep in step with the motherships changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts