Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'07 S550
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got a new Blackberry Bold 9700 and I can pair it to my bluetooth adapter, but when trying to activate the telephone from COMAND, it won't activate. It shows that it successfully paired, I can transfer contacts from my smartphone to COMAND, etc. but will not activate the phone for me to use in the car. When transferring the contacts it shows the connection, etc. but then the connection is killed and won't re-activate it.

I had the previous generation of the Blackberry Bold and I was able to pair it and activate the phone with no problems. Is COMAND trying to find and activate the previous Bold? Is there a way I can wipe out all devices from COMAND and start over? COMAND didn't show my old Bold as a registered device but don't know if it's persistent somewhere in the system or not. I don't know.. anyone with any suggestions or thoughts out there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
'07 S550
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved.. Apparently pairing the smartphone through COMAND is not supported on the '07 S550. You have to press the button on the bluetooth adapter puck to initiate the pairing even though COMAND was allowing me to do this as well. The hockey puck adapter showed as a different device ID than the actual COMAND system itself. Anyway.. words of wisdom for anyone else reading this.

Eric

·
Registered
223.168 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,445 Posts
Problem solved.. Apparently pairing the smartphone through COMAND is not supported on the '07 S550. You have to press the button on the bluetooth adapter puck to initiate the pairing even though COMAND was allowing me to do this as well. The hockey puck adapter showed as a different device ID than the actual COMAND system itself. Anyway.. words of wisdom for anyone else reading this.

Eric
Did you notice that you were connected to a different BT device (different name too) when you tried to pair from Comand versus when you were pairing from the puck. Both work but serve a different purpose.

·
Registered
ML320, ML500, S550V4, ML550
423 Posts
I used these instructions on my S550 2008.

Do everything, including having the engine running!

Post back your results.

I paired my HTC Hero Android smartphone and it uploaded the contact list nicely. Also it pairs reliably when I get in each time.

·
Registered
ML320, ML500, S550V4, ML550
423 Posts
Those linked instructions worked perfectly, I love this web-site!
Glad to help - thanks for posting back.

·
Registered
138 Posts
With my wife's N97 we had the same problem. In the end we had to get the latest bluetooth adapator (it's a silver one as opposed to the old black one).
With the new adaptor, she can also receive SMS's on the command.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The factory installed cradle on the 2007 S550, and presumably others as well, requires the Motorola V710 phone with MB internal electronics and Verizon as the service provider. A Motorola V710 phone is available from Verizon but without the MB internal electronics and will not work with the MB factory installed cradle. For all other phones and service providers, MB offers a blue tooth dongle (puck) available from MB dealers. As a general matter, the factory installed Motorola V710 phone in the factory installed cradle is reportedly more reliable and less susceptible to dropped calls and fade outs.

·
Registered
mercedes s320 cdi w221
1 Posts
BluetoothCradle

Hi dude , even i am using htc android phone ,Can you please tell which cradle you have installed in your car the black one or the silver one as the dealer has two models available one is in black colour and other one is in silver colour

tc

I used these instructions on my S550 2008.

Do everything, including having the engine running!

Post back your results.

I paired my HTC Hero Android smartphone and it uploaded the contact list nicely. Also it pairs reliably when I get in each time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It works without Motorola Phone

No it does not require any specific phone as long as you pair it well with a Bluetooth phone, it works. Just tried it....I pressed the Mercedes Benz logo on the Puck for 3 seconds, blue light flashing rapidly after, my phone discovers MB Benz Device via Bluetooth, I put in the code 62872 in phone and bingo, Command is able to communicate. Made a call to my VM and I was able to hear everything from the car speakers. Pretty straight forward on a 2007 s550 pairing with a Galaxy s6 smartphone.

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
2 Posts
Where am I going wrong ? .... :-/

No it does not require any specific phone as long as you pair it well with a Bluetooth phone, it works. Just tried it....I pressed the Mercedes Benz logo on the Puck for 3 seconds, blue light flashing rapidly after, my phone discovers MB Benz Device via Bluetooth, I put in the code 62872 in phone and bingo, Command is able to communicate. Made a call to my VM and I was able to hear everything from the car speakers. Pretty straight forward on a 2007 s550 pairing with a Galaxy s6 smartphone.
Hi Guys, This is driving me mad. Is anyone an expert with getting the phone to work?

I must have spent several hours on it now and followed every set of instructions i can find. I have had several messages Ranging from Plsswitch on phone in the multi Display, through Please activate telephone on the audio screen to what appears to be successful pairing but ...... alas when you try to make a call, i drop back to Please activate the phone or Plsswitch on phone.

On the screen i have seen the name of my phone aparantly paired ok, then with that not working i tried religiously following the instructions in the Mercedes Mobile blutooth cradle (GmbH) manual and managed to get both my phone and the cradle paired to the car system. Still no calls possible and the same messages with one exception. Now i have an added message (please insert the phone)

I tried deleting my phone pairing from the car system so that the car system remained only paired with the blutooth cradle and my phone paired to the blutooth cradle "MB Curve Cradle .... paired"

Am i missing something really simple? My partner has a simple MB A150 and you just get into the car with any phone and you get the option to pair and as soon as you select it and put in any number pin it immediately works! Why is my car so much more complicated?

Some have said 'you must have a Blackbury Curve to make it work' Surely that cannot be right??? Surely a 40K car would not restrict you to a ridiculous old phone?

Any tips or links to full instructions grately appreciated.

Car 2005 SLK350
Phone Galaxy Note 3
Cradle Merc GmbH .... 03F012-09

Many thanks

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
2 Posts
There must be another way

Your cradle, 03F012-09, is for a Blackberry 8900/9000 and is designed to have those phones sit inside of it.
Hi,

Yes thank you Phil, i do appreciate that this particular cradle is for that phone but surely that is not the end of the story? My partners Merc has no cradle and absolutely any phone works with it. It simply pairs quickly and bobs your auntie.

With mine i tried pairing it straight to the mercedes in a similar way and it paired find but then i just kept getting those messages i listed.

As well as this, i saw a reply to this original posting where someone said they managed to get the motorola cradle to pair with different phones and is friend also did it with yet another phone.

How can i get this to work with any phone? I dont mind it not being actually plugged into the cradle. That is only going to give me charging and areal connection which i can do without. Just want the blutooth connection to either the car or the cradle to work.

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you in advance.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2015 S550
11,233 Posts
As I think you already know from your last post, some cradles were designed to support Bluetooth only for specific phones. I used to have one such cradle for a Motorola RAZR V3. Rather than struggling with the work-arounds you mentioned, you might be better off to replace the cradle with a puck (dongle) meant for more general Bluetooth use. ViseeO makes options, I believe, for European use.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.