Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated the Bluebird's look a bit.

Before

After

Body color Grille, headlight Bezels and wiper arms

Rocker panels not painted Body color yet. On the list. as is touching up the front bumper valance.

Formerly Gold plated turned back to brass, now body color MB stars. I haven't had time to paint the hole reliefs in the wheels body color yet.

·
Registered
1978 Euro 350SL Lorisner, 73 450SL AMG Clone
1,152 Posts
looks nice charlie. I guess you got the running problem all fixed.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mostly fixed. I need to get it to my Indy and get the CO, idle and timing checked out and set properly. It's not quite there, but it does start and run, drive and doesn't overheat, so it's real close, but there is a small surge in the idle that I am positive is in the fine tuning of the mixture. She idles strong at about 500 RPM (I'd like to see 650-700 RPM). I've just driven her approx 25 miles since I got her running and back together again.

I was going to have Tim shoot the Grille, bezels, and wiper arms, but I discovered that the grille was damaged,(dent apparent in front of hood) and the bezel's were so brittle, that I Fixed them and decided to shoot them myself. Tim gets to do the rocker panels and touch up the front bumper and do his paintless dent removal on a couple small boo boo's on the car.
When I snag a new grille, He'll get the job.
I'm going to take her to my muffler guy to have the chrome extensions cut back to just peek out under the Euro Bumper.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SEC TT KS,1988 300CE,1990 560SEC 2nd GEN.KS.1990 560SEL AMG,1985 W126 [parts]
1,569 Posts
looks very good
I like you a lot ,you putting you soul and money in to this cars you have!

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Blue Update: Bluebird Trimmed Chrome Tips

Before

After

I think this looks a whole lot better! Not Remus or AMG, but far better than before.:thumbsup:

Also had the mixture set and idle and timing checked by a local Indy that Aroundthescenes told me about. It was still a bit lean, but easily set with a CO machine. Amazingly the idle is fine as was the timing.:thumbsup:
The Indy really likes the car too, so that is a PLUS!

Why I didn't wait to take the above pictures(a couple hours) until after this was done, I haven't the foggiest idea.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
Car looks great Charlie. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1978 Euro 350SL Lorisner, 73 450SL AMG Clone
1,152 Posts
Before

After

I think this looks a whole lot better! Not Remus or AMG, but far better than before.:thumbsup:

Also had the mixture set and idle and timing checked by a local Indy that Aroundthescenes told me about. It was still a bit lean, but easily set with a CO machine. Amazingly the idle is fine as was the timing.:thumbsup:
The Indy really likes the car too, so that is a PLUS!

Why I didn't wait to take the above pictures(a couple hours) until after this was done, I haven't the foggiest idea.:rolleyes:
Hey Charlie,

so you took the car over to Lynn at his shop. He is a great guy and really does not give you the run around and he really cares about his clients and there cars. Did you see the Jenson intercepter in the back getting redone.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw it, but could not figure out what it was till now. I was mesmerized by the 6 Cyl Porsche engine setting on the engine stand. Always wanted to stuff one of those under the bonnet of my 1964 VW Cabrio that I restored in 1984. There was a Porsche Cabrolet on the rack
There was a nice 420 SEL getting a new tranny there too.
Lynn said you'd been in a day or so ago.
He treated me right and I'll go back. In fact I think I'll take Sylvia in to make sure that her mixture is right too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts