Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sat. morning I'm travelling down to LA or parts south to finally get the Centra wheels that have been held for me. They will look great, but in retrospect none of these wheels shown on the Bluebird really detract from her.

Centra's purchased off the Bluebird by Kalifornia before I got her. Looking Good!

Kalifornia's 15" 15 hole OEM wheels and tires from his car. As I got the Bluebird.

Bluebird today wearing the 14" Chrome Bundt's I swapped with Turbobenz on Sunday.
I was surprised that the Bluebird looked pretty good with the original wheels(type) that she left the factory with.

Anyone looking for Chrome 14" Bundt's?? Not perfect, but far above average.

Also I'm looking at 225-50-16 all season tires for her. Any ideas on brand. I don't want to spend $500.00 for tires, but would prefer a performance type.
Found a limited few on Tire Rack, Pirelli's at close out price, so they are first on the list so far.

·
Registered
261 Posts
In my opinion all the wheels look pretty good, but ultimately i think the centras look best.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
There's a set for $50 in Sac off CL - missing caps. Note one of the rims has the wider slot type that came w/ Bluebird -

Mercedes Wheels

My vote goes to the Bundts when you have the fender lips off.

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
something else here...

Centras are very period correct as regards to Gen I W126 upgrades, which is *ANOTHER* good reason to like them, other than their aesthetics.

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I bought Batou's Centra's and he was willing to hold them for me. I believe they are the wide slot ones, at least they have the Centra Stamping on the wheels. I didn't know that the Centra's had different size holes. So I really don't know which these are. But Batou was kind enough to hang onto them for me, as he wanted them to go to someone that really wanted them rather that someone that would lowball him and resell them. I got the wheels only, Center caps and the locking lug wrench and some lug nuts.
Thank You! Batou

Bluebird's new 16" X 7 Old School Centra's. I believe these have 24 holes.

BTW The PO removed the Chrome wheel arches shortly after he acquired the car.

Bondavi,
Turbobenz(Derrick) turned me onto those CL Centra's and they might be a good buy just for spare tire mount. If they are original(I don't see any Centra Stamps in the wheels) then they sould be worth what he's asking. I understand they have been on CL for a loong, long Time. Not much call for Centra's without Caps. I haven't the foggiest idea hoow hard it would be to find caps for them, but to use as a spare, then they'd work well for that. He doesn't state whether they are 14",15" or 16".

The other thing is that this car was imported from Germany with 16" Centra's on it. The originals were changed out in 2002 with a new set (the set that Kalifornia has now.) I have the receipts for the new ones. $1395.00 worth!

I feel the same about the Bundt's. Kinda growing on me. I just might throw on some cheap winter tires and keep the Bundt's on her till spring.......saving the Centra's and new tires for nicer weather, just like in the snow country....LOL!

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Even though I'm travelling down to LA to get the Centra's tomorrow morning, I went out this morning and purchased 4 new 14" tires to fit the 14" Chrome Bundt's I got in a trade last Sunday. The tires on the wheels were almost used up and one was really out of balance. These tires are All Weather and even though cheaper, are a 30,000 mile tire. They look pretty good and drive out fine. Looks like Chrome Center caps are in Order too. The silver ones are nice, but I think the wheels cry for Chrome center caps.
I figured it might be easier to sell the Bundt's if they had new tires installed on them. I had the car detailed also.
A couple Pictures

and one just because.

I took one of the driver's side, but must have deleted it out of my phone.....drats!

On another note I got a Garmin Nuvi 260W today and I love it. Trying to figure out just where to mount the mount, but right now the Nuvi resides in the ashtray,(with the ashtray removed). The 3 or 4 destinations I input worked very well. Happened to be the way (route) that I would use anyway.
Thanks Cascade for the heads up on which one to look for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts