Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 560sec-168K -Ext. Light Ivory/Int. Black/01 E320 4Matic Wagon Brl Silver/Black/ Mad '95 Q45
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does it go ????????????? Is this for my non operating Locks ?? Do I have to remove Seat ??:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

·
Registered
1989 500 SEC, Arctic White (147)/Sato Grey (7738) - Dark Blue Leather (262)
124 Posts
jimmypop said:
Where does it go ????????????? Is this for my non operating Locks ?? Do I have to remove Seat ??:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:
It's for the seat-back locks which operate off engine vaccum.

The door locks operate from an electrical pump in the boot with will have a yellow hose coming off it.

J.

·
Registered
86 560sec-168K -Ext. Light Ivory/Int. Black/01 E320 4Matic Wagon Brl Silver/Black/ Mad '95 Q45
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k thats why my seats go forward w/o pushing the button - where does the hose plug into i have it comming out the back of underside of seat open end towards centre of car.

what is the boot ?? trunk passenger side next to hinge ?? where does the pumps power originate >>

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,245 Posts
jimmypop said:
k thats why my seats go forward w/o pushing the button - where does the hose plug into i have it comming out the back of underside of seat open end towards centre of car.
No, the button on the seat is for emergency release only.

The seat back lock works with the doors and engine vacuum. In other words when the door is closed and the engine is running, the seat back is locked. When either the door is open or the engine is shut off, the seat back is free to move forwards.

The emegency release button is for resuce crews to get rear passengers out of the car after an accident.

You should have a blue line from the front of the seat and a blue line from the floor (with the other cables for power and heat) and they need to be hooked together.

·
Registered
1989 500 SEC, Arctic White (147)/Sato Grey (7738) - Dark Blue Leather (262)
124 Posts
Sorry, "boot" is what the trunk is referred to as here in UK.

Axel is right your seat backs lock automatically through engine vaccuum. If you look under the bonnet (hood) there is a block connector attached to the firewall. You will see the blue pipe running off that and disappearing into the car. It goes down behind the dash, up the centre console where it splits into two and runs under each seat. There are several other branches under each seat running to the two emergency release buttons and the valve that operates the seat locking mechanism. A break anywhere in the system will prevent both seats from locking. If you can push them forward with the doors closed and the engine running (take about 10 secs to lock properly) then there is probably a break in the lines somewhere.

J.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jonathan Laws said:
Sorry, "boot" is what the trunk is referred to as here in UK.

Axel is right your seat backs lock automatically through engine vaccuum. If you look under the bonnet (hood) there is a block connector attached to the firewall. You will see the blue pipe running off that and disappearing into the car. It goes down behind the dash, up the centre console where it splits into two and runs under each seat. There are several other branches under each seat running to the two emergency release buttons and the valve that operates the seat locking mechanism. A break anywhere in the system will prevent both seats from locking. If you can push them forward with the doors closed and the engine running (take about 10 secs to lock properly) then there is probably a break in the lines somewhere.

J.
yes had a broken line under drivers seat, fixed -- Yeah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts