Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My C320 W/ Sport pkg has the blue tint on it, but i think the blue tint is not dark enough. Can i go to any autoshop for tinting darker without taking off the org. blue tint ??? Is it a good idea for "double tint" ??? ^_^''

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: My C320 W/ Sport pkg has the blue tint on it, but i think the blue tint is not dark enough. Can i go to any autoshop for tinting darker without taking off the org. blue tint ??? Is it a good idea for "double tint" ??? ^_^''<p><br>I am pretty sure that the blue tint is not tint at all. The windows are either dipped and made that way, OR the windows are two panes ans in between the two sheets of glass is a gas that makes the windows appear blue. <p>You could tint the glass with black, but you will always have a bit of blue. Unless you get factory clear glass from Mercedes and then tint that, which would be super expensive.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have blue tinted glass...

Dan, <p>I own a C-class (W202) and had the original greenish tinted windows coated with a 30% darkening bleu coating. Darkening the windows with 50% or 70% was possible as well, but is illegal in the Netherlands on the windshield.<br>I had the windows taken out to have them coated (this is a liqued which is sprayed or poored on the innerside of the windows and becomes as hard as the glass itself within several weeks), but the company who did the coating was able to coat the windows without taking them out (front and rear). It only costed about $500,-<br>A picture of the result can be seen on www.mercedesshop.com I have two pictures of my car in every post I submit (you need to look for it in the shop forum/tech help/ and search for a post mentioning MBenz).<p>greetingz,<p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts