Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SEL Astral Silver/Silver blue leather,Michelins,SONY
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you folks ever try to get parts through this outfit? I ordered an ABS sensor and cable and matching wear pad sensor more than three weeks ago. Have called twice and I get a guy who says "Oh yeah, its almost on the way. Just another day or so. We'll send you a tracking number."
I'm still sitting here waiting for a tracking number. And waiting for the parts, which they have already charged to my card ($272).
Is somebody jerking me around or what?
I THINK I got their name/number from these forums but not sure. What experience do you have?
I'm getting that sick feeling that I have been had. Bad.:crybaby2:

·
R.I.P. Never Forgotten
1983-2007 MB's
8,023 Posts
Blue Ridge MB in Georgia? That's jono's outfit. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
beyond busy...closing on new facility as we have grossly outgrown where we are. 16 hour days have become the absoloute norm... plus computer showing stock of 1 turned out to be None...that made for some fun.

tracker for your package FYI

·
Registered
1989 560SEL, 1979 Cressida MX32, 2006 F150 Lariat
1,510 Posts
beyond busy...closing on new facility as we have grossly outgrown where we are. 16 hour days have become the absoloute norm... plus computer showing stock of 1 turned out to be None...that made for some fun.

tracker for your package FYI
Congrats on the new facility, when everything's in order give me a shout and I will come down for the weekend and help out with the move.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Thanks Steve..will keep you posted as it all comes together:)

Jono

·
Registered
87 Euro 560 SEL
480 Posts
I know Jono is a beloved member of this forum but I also had a nightmare experience with them. Absolutely non responsive to my inquiries as to where my order was.

·
Registered
1987 560SEL Astral Silver/Silver blue leather,Michelins,SONY
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well fellas, I did not realize Jono was a " much loved member of the fraternity here" when I filed my post. All I knew was I had to reschedule work three times because parts did not arrive, all I ever got on the phone was a hurried " yeah yeah ...we'll get you a tracking number (?)" and that was it. In my last call I raised the idea of just cancelling my order and that was met with "yeah yeah, we were out of stock and we'll get you a tracking number."
Now fellas, I'm just a customer. I spent fifty years in business. I KNOW things can get to be hectirc at times. But the cold hard truth is I don't care.....see, I just want my parts! LOL
I'll try again next week. The charge was long ago posted against my CCard so we'll have to see where we go from here.
I am confident Jono is a fine man and honest as the sunrise. But I guess I will go back to a couple of the AZ places in the future.....where my parts came in within three or four days or less.

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts

·
Registered
1988 560SEC Euro Clone Lorinser Clone
1,572 Posts
I kinda feel like grabbing some popcorn :D

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I'm sure even Jono would tell you, if you want your everyday parts you are better off going with an internet retailer. His priorities are of course the cars in front of him. And the type of people that bring their cars into a Benz-specific shop are generally the very demanding type, so he probably has to contend with some near impossible deadlines.

·
Registered
'84 500 SEC Euro 040 black Lorinser 2005 sl500
2,516 Posts
And the type of people that bring their cars into a Benz-specific shop are generally the very demanding type, so he probably has to contend with some near impossible deadlines.
Really? I patronize a Benz specific shop and don't think I am demanding at all. Same goes for my friends who use the same shop. I make an appointment, the owner says about when it is going to be done, he calls me and I go pick it up. Pretty big generalization there.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Don't take it as a personal attack... You know that guys driving benz's are much more likely to be demanding, that just goes with the income bracket.

·
Registered
'95 993 / 2011 F150 Raptor SC / Land Cruiser D4D V8 / 500 SEC
439 Posts
Parts I need on a shcedule I get from the dealers. They can just check if the part is in stock, either the Brussels distributor or the German warehouse, and then it's either 24h or 48hr delivery.
Never had to wait for anything. Works like a charm.

Jono, changing premises is always a b*tch. What we SHOULD do is close up shop for 4 weeks and move. But we never do, do we :D Good luck !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts